Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 06:46 PM
Kobold

I don't think p99 is by any means inaccessible to new players, and it sounds like your cousin can let you know the harsher consequences of screwups in classic Everquest. If he's given you a rundown of how it differs from modern MMOs, and you're excited for this and Pantheon (which seems to have a similar 'Vision'), I think you'll have a lot of fun. People like to go back and play old single player games that lack a lot of modern convenience and are hard as shit, some players focusing on games from before they were even born. I don't see why people would think you can't enjoy EQ.

I echo that you should play what interests you, but I do want to point out that in my personal experience, playing a class that can cast spells will keep you more interested early on. Melee classes in modern games have a lot of abilities and combos and the like, and melee (especially at low levels) in Everquest isn't very active in that sense. Plus your cousin can throw you some spare change for spells, which is really all you'll need. A melee class will have a rougher time without equipment upgrades.
Closed Thread