Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything is a mystery at first.
And in my time playing I've found that everything has an answer, meaning, or purpose! I use these sites for lore delving if you wanna actually sit down and read - http://lorenorrath.free.fr/index.php - http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/index.htm there's a good mix of general lore, in game books and such, stuff from manuals and stories

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 10-20-2016, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisshan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, I love the wits and underwear comment. I find it very entertaining watching someone play for the first time as they try to grasp at any helpful information they can as they try to learn the world around them. I usually explain that if they enjoy that aspect of the game they will probably enjoy their time on P99. If they don't enjoy it then they probably won't since generally nothing gets hand fed to you other than through the kindness of other players =P
I explained it to my wife as "In modern mmos you know how you start out and they have all these little cute mice and bats in the newbie woods? You walk around practically stomping little woodland creatures. Well in everquest you start with a leisurely stroll through the woods, HOLY SHIT A BEAR! You're dead."
Old 10-20-2016, 07:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I explained it to my wife as "In modern mmos you know how you start out and they have all these little cute mice and bats in the newbie woods? You walk around practically stomping little woodland creatures. Well in everquest you start with a leisurely stroll through the woods, HOLY SHIT A BEAR! You're dead."
Nothing is more embarassing than losing to a decaying skeleton, bat, snake, etc. at level 1.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Orc

Lol the game is very humbling early on =P
Old 10-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

If you are serious about EQ lore I can link my bookmarks later, I' ve lots of em
Old 10-21-2016, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are serious about EQ lore I can link my bookmarks later, I' ve lots of em
Definitely. I love getting into lore. You should see me DM d&d.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Once you understand that Innoruuk is the god of hate, and his disciples spread and practice hate (acts of hate, and acts that produce hate inside others), you get a whole new appreciation for Dark Elves and their motivations, and what makes the residents of Neriak tick.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you understand that Innoruuk is the god of hate, and his disciples spread and practice hate (acts of hate, and acts that produce hate inside others), you get a whole new appreciation for Dark Elves and their motivations, and what makes the residents of Neriak tick.
Yes but how does red wine fit into it? Does all that hate make you thirsty for red wine or does red wine make you hate? Is this why Dwarves drink beer?
Old 10-22-2016, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

There's an android app that let you read lots of in game books, the major default is that lots of these books are from newer expansions... I think it's called "everquest little book of lore" or something like that...
Old 10-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What are these ancient looking structures and ruins I keep grinding by and who did they once belong to?
Not everything necessarily has a backstory. Consider - if you were designing a game from scratch, you'd put in some doodads to imply the world is vast, ancient, and intricate. "Oo, maybe there's a mysterious stone here...and um, this part has some random symbols on the wall."
Closed Thread