Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

I have a wizard and mage with 200 research. I like being able to combine words for people who need.

I have different recommendations for you based on why you want to do research.

"I just want my spells and some of them are research only": Collect the words for the spells you need and ask a high level researcher to combine them for you. You will save a ton of time and money this way. Take your combine book and words with you to EC and there's usually a high level of your class there who will combine if you ask nicely. Or, you can auction that you want to buy whichever research spells you need in the EC tunnel also.

"I want to max research but I don't enjoy spending a lot of time gathering mats" - Use your research points to max out research from 16-200. You can only gain 5 points per level starting at 16. The higher the research level, the higher the training cost but you'll also be higher level making more money. In the beginning, it will start out free for training and the closer you get to 200, it'll get to be about 100pp per skill up. It seems to me it only takes 2-3k to level up the entire way which is easily attainable by the time you can cap it. This is way cheaper than most all of the other tradeskills.

"I want to max out researching but I don't want to use training points": This usually ends up taking the most time, costing the most money and taking up the most space. You can go several combines without a skill up so now you'll need multiples of words. Make room in your bank (all 10 slot containers - the combine containers can be purchased for 10pp each or you can go with 60pp hand made backpacks) for all the words. Check all vendors often and buy any necro words you find. I like storing them alphabetically because sometimes words are used for different spells of different levels so this is the easiest way to find them. You'll also need to figure out what you're going to do with all the duplicate spells you made . Sell (EC Tunnel or forums), store them, vendor (taking a big loss usually) or give them away to other necros.

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a wizard and mage with 200 research. I like being able to combine words for people who need.

I have different recommendations for you based on why you want to do research.

"I just want my spells and some of them are research only": Collect the words for the spells you need and ask a high level researcher to combine them for you. You will save a ton of time and money this way. Take your combine book and words with you to EC and there's usually a high level of your class there who will combine if you ask nicely. Or, you can auction that you want to buy whichever research spells you need in the EC tunnel also.

"I want to max research but I don't enjoy spending a lot of time gathering mats" - Use your research points to max out research from 16-200. You can only gain 5 points per level starting at 16. The higher the research level, the higher the training cost but you'll also be higher level making more money. In the beginning, it will start out free for training and the closer you get to 200, it'll get to be about 100pp per skill up. It seems to me it only takes 2-3k to level up the entire way which is easily attainable by the time you can cap it. This is way cheaper than most all of the other tradeskills.

"I want to max out researching but I don't want to use training points": This usually ends up taking the most time, costing the most money and taking up the most space. You can go several combines without a skill up so now you'll need multiples of words. Make room in your bank (all 10 slot containers - the combine containers can be purchased for 10pp each or you can go with 60pp hand made backpacks) for all the words. Check all vendors often and buy any necro words you find. I like storing them alphabetically because sometimes words are used for different spells of different levels so this is the easiest way to find them. You'll also need to figure out what you're going to do with all the duplicate spells you made . Sell (EC Tunnel or forums), store them, vendor (taking a big loss usually) or give them away to other necros.

Good luck!
Thanks Obooma.