Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barm McLir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man! That's no joke! I'm at 98 atm. We'll see if I get there!
Old 07-16-2020, 12:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi folks,

Over the past week or so I've spent about 17 hours camping a sarnak courier in LOIO in hopes of getting a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

I've had great luck with him spawning, with 71 spawns so far. From the 71 spawns I have had 0 Gobline Gazughi Rings drop.

What say you P99 community?! Has anyone had him spawn more times than that with no drops? I accept all challengers!
In 2015, I camped him for 3 months straight..everyday..hours and hours. I didn't leave LOIO for the entire time. I never counted the spawns..had to be 100s and 100s. Never saw a ring. I got so discouraged I left game for awhile.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi folks,

Over the past week or so I've spent about 17 hours camping a sarnak courier in LOIO in hopes of getting a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

I've had great luck with him spawning, with 71 spawns so far. From the 71 spawns I have had 0 Gobline Gazughi Rings drop.

What say you P99 community?! Has anyone had him spawn more times than that with no drops? I accept all challengers!
Lost count after 100, but I did 12 (in a group initially) to 25 on my mage exclusively in loio on this camp before i got a ring. Then i got a couple of rings in a week.

I think it is a 1% drop.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
camped it for maybe 20 hours, on and off for two days, with a stranger shaman stepping in when i wasnt there. ring dropped once for the shammy, and he gave it to me when i came back the third day. contrary to toxic characters and forum shitposts, this stranger is what P99 in general seems to be about
Wow! Almost the same thing happened to me. I had done the camp for about 22ish hours when an enchanter came by and expressed interest in the single spawn. He didn't know where it was and wanted me to mow down all the possible PHs with my druid AOE, so I showed him where to stand, gathered up all the PHs, and nuked em down at the double spawn. I told him how long I'd been at the camp and he couldn't believe it. A minute later he sent me a tell that just said "a sarnak courier." 15 seconds later he linked me the ring! I was so envious that he literally got it on his first spawn, but just congratulated him. He ran over to me at the double spawn, put the ring in my window and hit trade. I closed it and he tried to give it to me again. He told me he'd trade me the ring for the double spawn. I thought it was a trick of some kind, but reluctantly hit trade.

I added him to friends immediately but I only saw him once in the next year.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 2015, I camped him for 3 months straight..everyday..hours and hours. I didn't leave LOIO for the entire time. I never counted the spawns..had to be 100s and 100s. Never saw a ring. I got so discouraged I left game for awhile.
Ugh!! I definitely haven't done three months straight, but work has gotten completely bananas all of a sudden and I've hit the same point emotionally, lol. It's discouraging to grind away what little play time I have right now doing that (I'm a 48 necro...so many awesome spells await me at 49!), and it's not exactly a relaxing camp. It's not stressful, but you really can't look away from the double-spawn camp for more than a moment without risking a spawn wandering away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lost count after 100, but I did 12 (in a group initially) to 25 on my mage exclusively in loio on this camp before i got a ring. Then i got a couple of rings in a week.

I think it is a 1% drop.
Bleh, that's hardcore, lol. I agree on the 1% drop rate. I'm still at 98 as I haven't played in a couple of weeks due to work being insane. I'll probably focus on hitting 49 right when I get back, as being so close for so long hurts my soul a little [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow! Almost the same thing happened to me. I had done the camp for about 22ish hours when an enchanter came by and expressed interest in the single spawn. He didn't know where it was and wanted me to mow down all the possible PHs with my druid AOE, so I showed him where to stand, gathered up all the PHs, and nuked em down at the double spawn. I told him how long I'd been at the camp and he couldn't believe it. A minute later he sent me a tell that just said "a sarnak courier." 15 seconds later he linked me the ring! I was so envious that he literally got it on his first spawn, but just congratulated him. He ran over to me at the double spawn, put the ring in my window and hit trade. I closed it and he tried to give it to me again. He told me he'd trade me the ring for the double spawn. I thought it was a trick of some kind, but reluctantly hit trade.

I added him to friends immediately but I only saw him once in the next year.
That is SO NICE of that guy! It's very cool to hear the stories of people treating each other so well. Do you ever wonder how long it took him to get a second one? I hope the RNG gods rewarded him with good drop karma for being such a good guy!
Old 08-04-2020, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

Good luck balances bad, though. I did Courier Friday night. Rounded up and AE'd down all the PH on my necro, started bopping PH with my pet. 9 or 10 PH later, Courier spawned and was lit up bright. All in all, about 10 minutes to get a ring.

I would *never* camp this thing for cash. I only camped it for my alt enchanter.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisamori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck balances bad, though. I did Courier Friday night. Rounded up and AE'd down all the PH on my necro, started bopping PH with my pet. 9 or 10 PH later, Courier spawned and was lit up bright. All in all, about 10 minutes to get a ring.

I would *never* camp this thing for cash. I only camped it for my alt enchanter.
Oh man, that's awesome haha. Congrats on the ring!
Last edited by Philistine; 08-04-2020 at 01:33 AM..
Old 09-02-2020, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Hi folks,

I got my ring after 106 spawns back in March 2019.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCFinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am well over 120 kills over a number of sessions without a ring drop. Xalgoz and his damned staff have been similar....
I got lucky with the fear staff = camped a total of 5 hours in two sessions.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

More raw numbers:
I've looted 3 Bracer of the Hidden. First took 2 (yes, two) sarnak legionnaire kills, the second took 468 kills and third took 96 kills.
Closed Thread