Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Kobold

Default Shaman solo spots?

I'm 19. Any suggestions?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Darters/baby elephants in SK, Crocs in Oasis, maybe lake of ill omen?

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Race?

Depending on gear, you might find it more beneficial to camp single-spawn 6-min respawn NPC's, i.e. Saben Tucross in Lfay, Bards in Feerrott/Innothule/Nektulos/etc...Consistency is the name of the game in EQ grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Upper Guk for sure. Great xp.

You can start doing the Ancient Croc camp at around level 24 (maybe lower, been a while for me), which will net you some nice leggings and nice lazy-xp. (set timer for spawn time in Uguk, Canna/med between kills or go pull frogs) Can stay at AC until 34 or 35.
Last edited by Enderenter; 04-28-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Kobold

come party in unrest, there is always some ppl in there, just make sure to bind in DC tho :P
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

My advice is: Explore, as much as you can, join groups in different zones, go explore the zones to search for fun things to do, etc...

... But for those moments where you can't pay much attention and you want constant xp and loots: Stick your ass in South Karana. If there are no bards, get some of the aviak darters-egrets and lately rooks and harriers. They all are warriors, give decent exp and the ocasional jewel drop. If there are bards in the zone, there are some aviaks whose spawn points are far from the usual bard route. I.E. the SW corner. You have an aviak egret there and a rook/harrier too. There are also elephants, easy to kill but the loot is worse. When you are high enough, you can take avocets or try the gnolls at the spires if they are free.

When you are around lvl 30, don't forget to check every now and then if grizzlenot (or whatever he's called) is up for the totemic BP component drop. He use to be midway from the spires and the bridge to NK.

If you need help or want to ask me something, /tell apenao in game.

Good hunt .)
Old 04-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Aviak

I can't see how the AC in upper guk would be anywhere close to soloable at 24. The crocs are level 29-30ish and you wouldn't be able to land any spells. However, if you are looking to group, upper guk can be awesome experience if you can find a couple people there to hunt with.

At 19 for soloing, I was still killing undead gnolls and wolves in east karana on the gnoll hill. The 2 aviak spawns in Lake Rathe by the arena are also a decent option. You've got a zone line 20 feet away if you have any problems. Just root and rot them down.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Upper Guk for sure. Great xp.

You can start doing the Ancient Croc camp at around level 24 (maybe lower, been a while for me), which will net you some nice leggings and nice lazy-xp. (set timer for spawn time in Uguk, Canna/med between kills or go pull frogs) Can stay at AC until 34 or 35.
As the other guy said, AC probably isn't reliably soloable until at least 29 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah, AC is OK xp through 35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

I've done 17-20 so far fear kiting with in OT with my little necro. There are tons of mobs, I've made a decent amount of cash to purchase spells with and it's a nice change from all of the other leveling spots. =)