Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Default Iksar Necromancer and Qeynos/Freeport Evil Guild Faction

Greetings all,

I believe there may be a slight issue with what I've been hearing about faction and quest turn ins, and what reports suggest.

From what I have heard about P1999 right now:

1- A single turn in of Bone Chips to the Freeport Evil Guild will push an Iksar Necro from Dubious to Apprehensive. I have not heard anything to suggest that the turn in gives too much faction, merely that Iksar Necros have a Dubious that is just under apprehensive.

2- Iksar Necromancers are Amiable with the Qeynos Evil Guild at the start, pre-Faction work.

What I have looked up about how it should be:

1- Posted Sept. 22, 2003 by Looniper (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...ml?quest=127):

"Iksars will all begin as dubious here, meaning no Cyc eyes, and no Beetle eyes, but she WILL accept bone chips at this point.

From scratch dubious it's about 140-160 chips for Apprehensive and another 100 for Indifferent. Presumably it will be very near 100 for each additional bump.

From doing this quest on my dark elven necromancer, the beetle eyes seam to give about the same number of faction points, but better coin returns."

I am not sure if this is meant to imply that Iksar Necromancers should be at scratch dubious, or if they were using another toon, but given the focus on Iksar in this post, it makes me think that this suggests Iksars, fresh out of Cabilis, should need about 140-160 chips to get to Apprehensive.

2- Posted Aug 04, 2001 by LokRobster (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...ml?zstrat=25):

"As my fellow Iksar have no doubt found out, travel is extremely difficult. And faction is a pain to raise. I have found that my Iksar, upon first arriving in this area, is not KOS to the BloodSabers, but merely dubious, much like the Rogues under Freeport. Instant bank! See the beggar guy.

The necro guild won't train an Iksar necromancer without a faction increase, and do not EVER do a quest that gives bad BloodSaber faction."

So it seems that Iksar Necros, and all Iksar, were Dubious at the start here, and then could quest up to Apprehensive to train. They were, of course, able to bank due to not being KOS with the evil banker beggar guy down there.