Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that adding some random component to those on the list is the best solution I've seen. I like weighting the roll to those who have been there longest though. More time put in = better chance you win, and everyone on the list is incentivized to help keep it clear.
I like this

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Can't change it now. Would be unfair to everyone who's camped the past 2 months. /thread
Old 12-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

I don't understand the mentality of "if you're #1 on the /list, BYOG to kill the mob for you" if you're on the /list in #2, 3, etc positions YOU'RE IN HIS GROUP... #1 shouldn't have to call their guildies and friends to come help clear the camp because if this was the classic way that #1 guy's friends and guildies would just own that camp until they all owned the item or abandoned the camp, so you're being #2 on the list would mean jack shit

By signing up in #2, 3, etc position you're basically signing up to participate in the camp, in which case, help clear the mobs and move the camp along and stop being such a toxic neckbeard that thinks you're aren't entitled to a drop if you aren't a level 50 solo class

I understand it sucks if you have a guy in #1 that is AFK/hide/FD and refusing to even help kill the PH until his item dropped. That's toxic and that guy should be smitten by Llandris... But all you people in the #2+ spot refusing to help the number 1 guy just because he's only lvl 35 and can't solo the camp are the actual worst

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 12-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Agreed, I'll help people ahead of me as long as they're participating in the clear.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 12-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

it boggles my mind people sign up for a 'camp' then dont actually take part in the camp they have signed up for, it doesn't make sense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the mentality of "if you're #1 on the /list, BYOG to kill the mob for you" if you're on the /list in #2, 3, etc positions YOU'RE IN HIS GROUP... #1 shouldn't have to call their guildies and friends to come help clear the camp because if this was the classic way that #1 guy's friends and guildies would just own that camp until they all owned the item or abandoned the camp, so you're being #2 on the list would mean jack shit

By signing up in #2, 3, etc position you're basically signing up to participate in the camp, in which case, help clear the mobs and move the camp along and stop being such a toxic neckbeard that thinks you're aren't entitled to a drop if you aren't a level 50 solo class

I understand it sucks if you have a guy in #1 that is AFK/hide/FD and refusing to even help kill the PH until his item dropped. That's toxic and that guy should be smitten by Llandris... But all you people in the #2+ spot refusing to help the number 1 guy just because he's only lvl 35 and can't solo the camp are the actual worst
Well said
Old 12-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

If you can’t solo the camp you should be lvl 50 not 35
Old 12-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Aviak

Do lvl 35's reduce the drop rate? I have seen two 50's get drop back to back. But when a low level is number one on list drops seem less frequent.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aismartin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do lvl 35's reduce the drop rate? I have seen two 50's get drop back to back. But when a low level is number one on list drops seem less frequent.
Nice confirmation bias
Old 12-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

I'm entitled to pixels cause I stood in line!

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread