Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default Held names on blue to green...

So there was a post before green launched that if you had a character on blue that nobody would be able to recreate it on green as it was held for you. You'd have to use it on the same account understandably but from what I remember it was every character 10+ plus any characters under 10 that had been logged in recently prior to green launching...

I went to start a druid on green tonight (because there aren't enough [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) and couldn't get the name I had on blue for them.

Did the teal merge into green screw with anything? Or what happened?

On a sidenote, I managed to get Swish on teal despite not having it on blue anymore but when I deleted the character and made it again (still on teal) it wouldn't let me have it a second time.

The whole name thing is a little murky at this point, just wondered if I missed a post somewhere.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just wondered if I missed a post somewhere.
...this...doesn't seem possible.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...this...doesn't seem possible.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2020, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

I do believe the Teal merge with Green messed something up. I think people were able to create names on Teal that already existed on Blue.

I made a character with a cool four-letter name on Green. After the merge, I deleted it in order to recreate it on another account, and I couldn't.
Last edited by Videri; 03-27-2020 at 02:28 AM..
Old 03-27-2020, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

That makes sense, so someone made the character name on teal and it got merged into green before I could use it from blue.

RIP... my own fault [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2020, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

How is that your own fault?

Sounds like another example of how Teal was a dumb idea and how the management of it was even worse.
Also why would making a character, then deleting it lock out the name?
Old 03-28-2020, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is that your own fault?

Sounds like another example of how Teal was a dumb idea and how the management of it was even worse.
Also why would making a character, then deleting it lock out the name?
That's what happened to me. I have Name on Blue and I can't create Name on Green because I had Name on Teal and deleted it.

There was a post from some dev or gm how they had two separate name db's and they weren't in sync or something and it's going to take manual effort to reconcile the two. IMO will never happen.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what happened to me. I have Name on Blue and I can't create Name on Green because I had Name on Teal and deleted it.

There was a post from some dev or gm how they had two separate name db's and they weren't in sync or something and it's going to take manual effort to reconcile the two. IMO will never happen.
Actually I was in that situation and it did get fixed. The teal database is now completely unconnected to green/blue per rogean. I can link post if you want but try your name now