View Poll Results: Merge Green with Blue
Yes 224 68.92%
No 101 31.08%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
more drama on server = fun = excitement

drama keeps things fresh and we all know damn well you shake with excitement when

you see something new pop up
It can be entertaining to read on the forums, I’m sure it’s not fun for the guides. And like I mentioned before, now that I’m approaching levels that could actually raid (1 bubble into 51 now), I like the idea of server with a lower population where people are, we won’t say begging, but asking me to raid…rather than a dense crowded server where the only way I could raid is to join a guild who then tries to complain their way into welfare loot with a guide
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-29-2021 at 01:17 PM..
Old 11-29-2021, 01:16 PM
Banned

90 percent of disputes is just people being salty or someone overreacting
Old 11-29-2021, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
more drama on server = fun = excitement
Maybe for children. I'm too old and tired to care much for it anymore. Player interaction has always been a core selling point for EverQuest, but this game and games like Eve Online are vastly different.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
90 percent of disputes is just people being salty or someone overreacting
I’ll defer to your experience on that

Regardless, if the infrastructure was there, the most logical solution would be to open another server, keep an eye on populations, and merge if they are ever approaching red levels at some future point

If the infrastructure is not there, then dump everyone into blue where there’s no going back (can’t merge away from blue if it’s too crowded, only re-roll)

That’s just my .02
Old 11-29-2021, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

That isn't logical because it gives playerbase no idea what is going to happen to their characters. A lot of people played green knowing it was going to end up on blue and not cuck out their blue hard work ETC.

A lot of people 2 box on green and blue at present so the pops could easily remain relatively similar. Doesn't make sense to keep em separate IMO.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That isn't logical because it gives playerbase no idea what is going to happen to their characters. A lot of people played green knowing it was going to end up on blue and not cuck out their blue hard work ETC.

A lot of people 2 box on green and blue at present so the pops could easily remain relatively similar. Doesn't make sense to keep em separate IMO.
Put it to a vote then. I bet there’s far more people who would vote to keep separate than to merge

Edit: this poll implies deletion, not keeping separate

2nd edit: and allow people on blue to vote since the merge directly affects them
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-29-2021 at 01:56 PM..
Old 11-29-2021, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One unfortunate consequence to Green is you will have a fairly sizeable amount of raid-ready players added to an already-dense pool of raiders, who've circumvented the bottleneck of endgame content, who will be fighting for the equivalent of scraps. Ultimately, I'm unsure how such an issue might be remedied viably that would make the majority of people happy, nor do I know if endgame raiders are even a sizeable majority for this consideration or not.
We've been hearing for 10+ years that hardcore raid guilds WANT competition. Therefore, this scenario would be absolute heaven for them and increase the amount of fun they are having.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-29-2021, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've been hearing for 10+ years that hardcore raid guilds WANT competition. Therefore, this scenario would be absolute heaven for them and increase the amount of fun they are having.
yendor lootmonkey still malding on why devs wont put resources into a shitty

rotations server

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2021, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh? I'd heard a lot on how people complained about having to wrestle for raid targets; I didn't realize this was something people enjoyed as part of raiding. Huh.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

What happens at the brick wall at the end of the end game of EQ should be the very least concern for anyone involved in a permanently time locked velious server. once you hit 60, who gives a shit.

It's all about everyone going from 1-60 having a good time. Nothing can be done to help the madness that is the raid scene at the end of the road. It has typically been given highest priority on p99 and all other serves, when the reality is that it is the least important thing to worry about. Individuals suffering from these psychosis will find ways to play the end game elite uber version of EQ to their grim satisfaction, while people from level 1-59 actually want to enjoy the journey of the game.

If everyone just wanted to raid with minimum contesting they could migrate a team to red99 and do so. Make the game better, not worse.

Take it to its logical conclsuion, blue 1.0, green 1.0, green 2.0, green 3.0, all with 100population of contented permanent raiders while green 4.0 is beginning its 3 year journey to the abyss.

I don't even know why there is a discussion about this. It was the original intent of green to feed into blue, and it is the only logical solution.

The population can support a legacy PVE server, and a timeline PVE server, it can also support a legacy PVP server, and a timeline pvp server. THe timeline servers ultimately dump into the legacy server before the new timeline server is created. It keeps the player characters permanent and it allows people to continue to enjoy the eq journey from level 1-50 and then from 50-60

The only 3rd server I would wish for would be a vanilla locked red server in addition to the timeline progression + legacy servers. Vanilla is such a short part of EQ. Blue got a long time with vanilla which was great for them, but red followed mostly the classic timeline regarding kunark launch.

I like when human monks are the only monks, and they have no armor.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread