Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on green regularly and lowbie areas are usually ghost towns as are almost every dungeon besides like a few
Did some checks at 7:00 MST

I think I know what the problem might be. Did you by any chance accidentally somehow log onto the Teal server?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 0 gfay.jpg (21.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 0 0 mm.jpg (14.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0 0 bb.jpg (21.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 0 0 oasis.jpg (19.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-23-2021, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on green regularly and lowbie areas are usually ghost towns as are almost every dungeon besides like a few
Unrest a ghosttown?

Well, yes, technically there are undead mobs there. Also, there's lots of players
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 0 skarana.jpg (19.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0 0 citymist.jpg (17.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 0 0 unrest.jpg (20.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0 0 field.jpg (21.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-23-2021, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

I seem to remember reading that the original merge plan was to do it like a year after the final content update on green. Unless I'm misremembering, that's still a ways off.
Old 12-24-2021, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Oh wow man you found a day where things are slightly less of a ghost town! Wow! Guess I just have to hope I happen to log in on one of the 20% of days where it’s crowded in lower level zones.

Also I said it’s empty outside of a select couple of dungeons. So thank you for proving my point by citing literally two of those exact dungeons in unrest and CoM lol
Old 12-24-2021, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oh wow man you found a day where things are slightly less of a ghost town! Wow! Guess I just have to hope I happen to log in on one of the 20% of days where it’s crowded in lower level zones.

Also I said it’s empty outside of a select couple of dungeons. So thank you for proving my point by citing literally two of those exact dungeons in unrest and CoM lol
Yeah I secretly check every day, for months I’ve been doing that. Then I saved the best possible day just in case I wanted to demonstrate something on the forums

Or I just happened to pick when I got home from work on the day someone called Green a ghost town

I could have picked more places but I wanted jog outside. I don’t see it as further worth my time
Old 12-24-2021, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

In any case it will be awesome when the merge happens and we go back to having one server with a great 1500 person pop with groups and people in lots of zones
Old 12-24-2021, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
In any case it will be awesome when the merge happens and we go back to having one server with a great 1500 person pop with groups and people in lots of zones
I’m not much of an alt-maker so all I see is what could be ahead of my current level, content-wise. An even more top heavy end game seems like it would disappoint me

So maybe it’s more a me problem
Old 12-24-2021, 04:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're rapidly approaching the end of Velious and release of the final bits of content to be available on Project 1999 Green Server. Isn't it about time that we find out what lies in store for us in the future?

Some speculate that Green will be rolled onto Blue and that we will see a new Green server....Fact is, nobody outside of the Project 1999 team really knows.
They literally, in their own words, have said something to the effect that Green is going to be rolled into Blue some period of time after the last patch and a new Green will be formed some time after if there is demand (at earliest January 2023). That much isn't speculation - it's literally what they said. Lol
Old 12-24-2021, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They literally, in their own words, have said something to the effect that Green is going to be rolled into Blue some period of time after the last patch and a new Green will be formed some time after if there is demand (at earliest January 2023). That much isn't speculation - it's literally what they said. Lol
That's right, and here's a link if anyone wants to see it for themselves:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333743

Quote:
Project 1999 Green is a new PVE server without any patches or expansions enabled upon release. Old-style mechanics and drops will be enabled, including legacy items such as Guise of the Deceiver and Manastone. The server will then progress through all patches on the same timeline as Everquest's original launch, all the way up to the last patch in Velious.

Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023).
Old 12-24-2021, 04:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but then there was uproar and they walked it back to "we are going to continue discussions as to the future of the server".

I'd still be surprised if they didn't. The population isn't strong enough to support three servers, Green would be the new red
Closed Thread