Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Question Where Are We on the Timeline?

I've been trying to decipher the present timeline, but it either feels like it's missing details / hasn't been updated in a while or, more likely, my brain is simply experiencing too much of room-temperature levels of IQ in my inability to read it properly.

I ask because I'm curious how much more time we have left until Green merges into Blue, as I remember it being mentioned that being tentatively January 2023 at the earliest (being some handful of time after the last patch for Velious drops). I've also been curious if they'll allow Green characters the choice to elect moving to Red (though I doubt so, being the unique climate Red is).
Last edited by Nachtsuchen; 02-07-2022 at 04:30 PM..
Old 02-07-2022, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

that timeline isn't exactly set in stone, but its definitely gonna be a long time (year~) until green merges into blue.

we don't have any information at all about server selection, but we know it exists and is very easy. the green launch had so many people, that for a short time you could transfer your character to the temporary teal server, with a single command of /transfer

so there isn't a good reason that it can't happen, but having thought about it for 30 seconds I can already see alot of server selection headaches for staff like people who wanna go back, did it "accidentally" or simply have buyers remorse.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:10 PM
Kobold

I know at least a few will-be returning players, myself included, who are pretty excited there's going to be another fresh p99 server at some point.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Highly doubt they’d do transfers to red

Anyway to answer your question we are at least at the Karana plague event in the timeline I believe
Old 02-08-2022, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...for a short time you could transfer your character to the temporary teal server, with a single command of /transfer

so there isn't a good reason that it can't happen, but having thought about it for 30 seconds I can already see alot of server selection headaches for staff like people who wanna go back, did it "accidentally" or simply have buyers remorse.
I actually didn't know about that /command, so that's cool. I can definitely imagine there'd be a lot of people who'd think it's neat, try it, then immediately regret it. Lol That, and with how differently Red is run from Blue (even outside the PvP aspect), it might be a bit unfair to the (albeit miniscule) population of Red. Would be neat to see Red be given more opportunity for people to dip their toes in though but it feels pretty unlikely as per what you mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highly doubt they’d do transfers to red

Anyway to answer your question we are at least at the Karana plague event in the timeline I believe
Kickass! Just a sort of answer I was looking for. Appreciate it!
Old 02-08-2022, 08:47 PM
Orc

Timeline is:

Daybreak Games release a TLP server in May

...and p99 operators can be raided by the FBI for wire fraud and tax evasion
Old 02-09-2022, 12:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConsortium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nachtsuchen; 02-09-2022 at 12:21 PM..
Old 02-09-2022, 12:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConsortium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Timeline is:

Daybreak Games release a TLP server in May

I recall Rogean speaking with people who, at the time, were running EQ and when P99 was brought up, they said it both wasn't worth the time to shut the project down, and it's technically a lot different than the live TLP servers so not exactly competition. Like, I have ZERO interest in playing a TLP on live because of all the changes to gear drops and such. I love the classic experience as I remember it when I was in high school, which is what P99 gives us, more or less.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall Rogean speaking with people who, at the time, were running EQ and when P99 was brought up, they said it both wasn't worth the time to shut the project down...
That and they've been given an official blessing not once, but twice. So that'd be a real bad look to redact that. Lol
Old 02-09-2022, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That and they've been given an official blessing not once, but twice. So that'd be a real bad look to redact that. Lol
To be fair it wouldn’t really if it was a new company that acquired the IP. They’re not bound by previous agreements
Closed Thread