Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-07-2022, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oddly I was wondering why your forum account is relatively new (post-Kunark, I believe Kunark was 2011-2015) despite seeing you in Vanilla.
Yeah, when i returned Kunark had already dropped. Was already 50 though, whirl till you hurl mechanics were great back in vanilla lol. Maxed out the exp during the SoE outage
Last edited by -Catherin-; 05-07-2022 at 02:07 PM..
Old 05-07-2022, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, when i returned Kunark had already dropped. Was already 50 though, whirl till you hurl mechanics were great back in vanilla lol. Maxed out the exp during the SoE outage
lol yeah, I remember grouping with you in vanilla. Whirl til you hurl was the first like big nerf I remember. (For those unaware, for a looooooong time Whirl Til U Hurl was effectively a permastun on anything. Catherin can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it always lasted 12 seconds. It may have been unresistable too? because I remember using it on red cons a lot. It also may have worked on otherwise stun immune things but I'm hazy on that too. 55 mana for 12 sec stun basically meant you didn't even need a tank, but it also made it so that it was ideal to fight higher level stuff.)

You guys also may feel like we've been in Velious forever. We were in Kunark for nearly five years too. Kunark has so little content the game almost died. Velious was a meme on the forums for years. Then the deal happened and well, for better or worse, you decide. lol
Old 05-07-2022, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah i dont even remember being resisted. not sure about stun immune mobs though. Summon chanter pet, take one hit, start whirling. I dont think the duration was fixed though. you just had to chain cast it (there wasnt a cooldown) pets didnt suck up a bunch of exp for doing the most damage back then either
Old 05-07-2022, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

oh yeah, thats right. its 2 ticks, so it lasted from 6 to 12 seconds and could just be spammed as there was no early breaks or diminishing returns.

now, all stuns are capped at 4 seconds max, and can break early. there is or was some mechanic to this where casting the same stun over and over would result in it breaking earlier though, which is why AoE groups needed enchanters casting in different rotations. (all 3 enchanters would cast their 3 stuns in a different order)

also, Chardok wasn't the first place we AoE powerleveled. It was actually... Skyfire. Yeah, it'd take 2 or 3 bards like a half hour to gather up the whole zone and circle it well, but then it could be permastunned just like Chardok later would be. I think it was actually even easier, didn't it only require 1 Enchanter?

Yeah, bit of an oversight. Was so fun looting those pulls. This was also when they put in the exp per kill cap, because one Skyfire pull took a level 1 to level 40.
Old 05-07-2022, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

The 3 chanter stun chain was actually because with such a huge number of mobs, you were going to get resisted on a TON of them and die instantly. skyfire specifically the AEs were so massive that even 3 enchanters could die.

If it was unresistable, one chanter could hold it while mana lasted if they timed the stuns right so you would not have to wait for CDs.

They made wurms stun immune to stop the skyfire stuff, which is why it moved to chardok. Skyfire was better.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:10 PM
Banned

This thread makes me realize how much more fun P99 was before all the fun got nerfed out of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2022, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Hasbinbad, Alarti, that metro guy who posted pics of the girls he (claimed) to be hooking up with. Character/account sales (once legal!) and the time they brought down the server for like 2 weeks due to angry nerd DDoS (and then laughed in his face with new hardware)

Pepperidge farm remembers
Old 05-08-2022, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It did build quickly, but it didn't reach over 100 for at least a month if memory serves. JD is right in that it had like 40-50 opening night and most of the first week.
First few months were only a few hundred
Old 05-08-2022, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I technically started on P99 during the big SoE hack that caused all of their servers to go offline for weeks. I was playing EQ2 at the time and a lot of people were taking the opportunity to tell us all to try P99.

After the servers came back I went back to EQ2 for a short time and then realized it sucked. So then I returned to stay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. First forum account, simply named Catherin, was not approved for some reason, and I didn’t bother to try again until sometime later.

It wouldn’t accept the same name again, which resulted in the slight alteration
I remember this. It was right before Kunark dropped on Fippy Darkpaw. Broke my raid momentum for Twisted Legion, never got it back.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 05-08-2022, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Probably that former TPO (The Poopsockers Order) member with the Jeremy Irons avatar.