Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-07-2022, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with the TLPs is they use modern combat tables, so player character's defense and offense is boosted way over what it should be. It's like playing in god mode.

EQEmu servers and just playing on Live are the only real options.
Look into Vaniki. They're attempting to compensate for that and make it harder (or so it seems?) by lvl capping everyone at -10 levels under the current expansion. They made some custom tweaks to allow spells to land and shit. Remains to be seen how it'll work out obviously.
Old 05-07-2022, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

If i was gunna do bluequest id play alkabor to mix things up.

But, red man.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-07-2022, 06:08 PM
Banned

Merge p99 to blue. Launch Takp Red. Single box server!
Old 05-07-2022, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i was gunna do bluequest id play alkabor to mix things up.

But, red man.
TAKP is a non-starter for me almost solely due to the lack of scroll zoom on the client. I tried to play it once and I just fucking refuse to deal with that. I honestly have no idea how anyone could legitimately recommend Red at this point in time. Even outside of how bad EQ PvP is like... It could be the best thing on planet earth and I still would have a hard time recommending ppl play a 10 person server. Especially one where the entire premise is PvP.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always peter out around PoP/LDoN on TLP's.
I did TLP a few times. Definitely a lot of nice creature comforts, and I enjoyed it, but it just feels like I have to rush to do everything since I'm so casual, I can't keep up, even at 3 months. Not to mention the servers feel more like Chrono grinds than anything else, but yes to me LDoN was that last quality content, then everything after just felt like the same stuff 5 levels higher.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP is a non-starter for me almost solely due to the lack of scroll zoom on the client. I tried to play it once and I just fucking refuse to deal with that. I honestly have no idea how anyone could legitimately recommend Red at this point in time. Even outside of how bad EQ PvP is like... It could be the best thing on planet earth and I still would have a hard time recommending ppl play a 10 person server. Especially one where the entire premise is PvP.
Teams servers actually tend to do pretty well. Before p99, we had VZTZ. The problem is every emu since has just done full red for reasons that bewilder me. Teams was the most popular ruleset on both live and emus and easy to see why. On full red it becomes completely inaccessible to new players. On teams there is incentive to shepherd in new players.

But yeah no client zoom is just dumb. I'm about as #classic as it gets and that's far too obtuse for me.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:46 PM
Banned

'[' for first person view and ']' for third person camera 1 view. Camera zoom is for wow players.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:36 PM
Banned

1024 x 768 UI WHEN
Old 05-07-2022, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'[' for first person view and ']' for third person camera 1 view. Camera zoom is for wow players.
as someone who killed sirken a whole lot on vallon zek during that time, I'm pretty sure the only purpose first person camera served was to even further tilt things in favor of casters.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The problem with the TLPs is they use modern combat tables, so player character's defense and offense is boosted way over what it should be. It's like playing in god mode.

EQEmu servers and just playing on Live are the only real options.
Shut up and buy XP pots noob