Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Should Sirken come back/allowed back?
Yes, bring him back 106 54.36%
No way. Keep him away 42 21.54%
bush 9/11 47 24.10%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2022, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Making friend and having fun doing things together won't change if Green is merged with Blue.

And they should merge. There's no point in having two separate PvE servers with the same content. It just splits the playerbase.

What happens if there is a Green 2.0? We wind up with a third PvE server further splitting the playerbase?
Old 05-11-2022, 02:00 PM
Banned

Makes literally zero sense to not merge. As has been said by several people both servers are on the same timeline with mostly the same exact mechanics. Couple differences on green but nothing all THAT major. Why split the playerbase? Just merge green into blue ruleset and be done with it whether or not green 2.0 is ready.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think he would fall for the same thing twice so probably would be even better now with awareness of pixel ho's lol /nod.
If he is a guy...he will.

Just be more careful to not get caught.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play to make friends and have fun doing things together. That's why I never want Green to merge or anything. Just stay Green for another 10 years and become like Blue. I'm totally fine with it. Doesn't matter if everyone in EC tunnel is wearing ToV gear, there's always a new monk looking for help with Trunt and another cleric looking to take down Ragefire and someone is going to need help at the Orc Fort for their ring 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making friend and having fun doing things together won't change if Green is merged with Blue.

And they should merge. There's no point in having two separate PvE servers with the same content. It just splits the playerbase.

What happens if there is a Green 2.0? We wind up with a third PvE server further splitting the playerbase?
Won't change if both are merged to red with pvp enabled either.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes literally zero sense to not merge. As has been said by several people both servers are on the same timeline with mostly the same exact mechanics. Couple differences on green but nothing all THAT major. Why split the playerbase? Just merge green into blue ruleset and be done with it whether or not green 2.0 is ready.
REEEE my economy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2022, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
REEEE my economy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's gotta merge eventually. Unless P99 plans on just making new color servers every new launch and running them all simultaneously until there's 100 ppl on each server. I'm sure your economy will be in fantastic shape in that scenario.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's gotta merge eventually. Unless P99 plans on just making new color servers every new launch and running them all simultaneously until there's 100 ppl on each server. I'm sure your economy will be in fantastic shape in that scenario.
It would be the same 100 people living off of red bull and pizza rolls, boxing 8 clients - 1 for each shard, until they die of a heart attack. Example: Sweeni
Old 05-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Playing a sub 1k pop server is boring for everyone involved. I did not like the idea of a merge but the fun thing about P99 has always been the leveling zones are populated, and that simply hasn't been the case for some time now.

Dont really care if it ruffles the "raid scene", it will certainly help make the server more fun everywhere else.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-11-2022, 09:35 PM
Banned

Ships blow up in Eve.

Characters must die in EQ.

It's the only way forward towards a brighter future.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing a sub 1k pop server is boring for everyone involved. I did not like the idea of a merge but the fun thing about P99 has always been the leveling zones are populated, and that simply hasn't been the case for some time now.

Dont really care if it ruffles the "raid scene", it will certainly help make the server more fun everywhere else.
I raid a lot and still totally agree. A lot of the charm of this place is you could have the good old fashioned Everquest pickup group experience. That's suffered greatly, even on green since Velious and the majority getting mains up to 60.

I've enjoyed the green experience overall (some things are kinda shit), but I sort of mourn for P99 before the population was broken in half.