Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2022, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rich people are usually immoral. Doesn’t mean giving up freedom to a state that would just make others rich. Marxism is impossible and dumb (+ evil and gay)

Just need to ban lobbying and have a better electoral method than two parties that promote retards
I agree with Kaveh. The answer isn't more rules and the state just being the rich ppl instead. Gotta go the other direction totally.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does addressing this mean giving up freedom to the state? I may use words like comrade but I am not a "pure" Marxist.

Also, how do you want to get lobbying banned within the two party system? How do you give third parties more power in this system?
You might do something like banning party tickets and the runnerup becomes VP like they used to.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might do something like banning party tickets and the runnerup becomes VP like they used to.
I could get down with that. If we're forced with a two party system then I guess that'd force some kind of cooperation. Maybe. I feel like they'd find a way to shuffle that somehow.

I asked because I don't know either. I'd love to see lobbying go, especially. Or at least a whole hell of a lot more transparency.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way more Jerome Powell’s fault than trump’s

But PPP and the $3 trillion spending wasn’t a good idea. We should actually double taxes on the obese. Two birds one stone
Tromp's 2.3tn tax giveaway probably added more money to the economy at present, due to primacy.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tromp's 2.3tn tax giveaway probably added more money to the economy at present, due to primacy.
Actually no, it was most likelly bidens 9.12 trillion that did it, thanks to vanariabililty.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually no, it was most likelly bidens 9.12 trillion that did it, thanks to vanariabililty.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Way more Jerome Powell’s fault than trump’s

But PPP and the $3 trillion spending wasn’t a good idea. We should actually double taxes on the obese. Two birds one stone
PPP was a terrible idea.

I received $28K in PPP towards the end of the program for doing slightly worse than two years prior. Yet I was an "essential worker" and theoretically was allowed to work through COVID. So granted COVID presented challenges to my personal business, but was I not rewarded for underachieving? I don't even employ anyone but myself and only 50% of my income comes from my job...

Even if you do PPP, it should have been limited to paying rent and equipment/service leases for businesses that actually employ people.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

6 Trillion is a lot, and trump is part of the conspiracy, but I assume that went to the initial coronavirus shit show and stimulus and us generally freaking out at the onset of Covid. Buying masks ahead of other countries and shit, all the wacko shit we were doing.

But id still like to see a detailed spreadsheet that says where the money went.

But aside from that 2.25 trillion...

What the f did we do with that 4 trillion?

What have we invested in, built, improved, refurbished, in the last 2 years, that would explain where that 4 trillion went?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2022, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Damn if the 6.5 Trillion the richest 1% in america made in 2021 wasnt enough..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks Obama (for picking biden in 2008)
Old 07-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Wage inequality continued to increase in 2020
Top 1.0% of earners see wages up 179% since 1979 while share of wages for bottom 90% hits new low.