Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

If you play for bounty hunting, the game is like that all the time. It is great.

I went to trading because trading nets more money. I finally purchased by Python, and upgraded it. I have about 100 million net worth atm.

I recently started hunting Anacondas. It is so good to target an enemy's drive, and knock it out so they just wander around, unable to direct themselves. Get paid about 150k-180k per anaconda kill, so it is good work. But damn, if I fuck up, I lose a lot of money. The last anaconda I did, I forgot to maintain my shield and chaff, and I lost 18% hull, and had to pay 300k in repairs. It hurt.

Honestly, the game is only a Euro Truck in space insofar as you want it to be. But note that the combat, bounty hunting, is like doing mission terminal jobs in Star Wars Galaxies. By and large it is a grind of stuff. It is cheap to cap out a Viper, which is the most efficient dogfighter. With a strong Viper and a good pilot, you can take down Anacondas (top ship) and make sick cash. So although there is a big emphasis on trading to get ahead in money, if you do just combat, there is very little need to make insane sums of cash.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

So, I decided to make a video of me playing for just over an hour. I wanted to go hunt Anacondas, the largest ship in the game. Often they are flown by pirate lords, and you can kill them to get faction with nearby stations, as well as some hefty credits. I went on a hunt, and I recorded it.

If you feel like watching it to see what an average game session for me is, here you go:

http://youtu.be/P2KR1_fmOPs?t=10s

I am working on a higher quality version.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 01-10-2015 at 02:04 AM..
Old 01-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Yahtzee reviews Elite: Dangerous.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ngerous-Review
Old 01-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the video share, and the yahtzee review...i didnt even know he was still around...used to watch all his reviews.