Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99
Default Zlandicar heart

Is this item worth it for a necromancer? And by that I mean is there a better use of 150k? Its only main hand which sucks, but it also has that sweet regeneration. Just started playing my necromancer again and wondering what the pros and cons here are.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Brief summary: Epic has better all around stats with the primary exception being +Cha. Zlandi Heart is Same Int, -10 Cha, +5hp/tick HP regen. In the world of the Lich, HP regeneration is king. This is why the Zlandi Heart is generally preferred.

"Worth it" is a relative term.

How much do you have in your budget to gear the necro with?
What gear do you already have?
What are you going to be doing with the necro? Raiding? Farming shit solo?
etc. etc.

Zlandi heart is beast for nec though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 02-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

How much does a necromancer Epic MQ cost these days?

I don't remember everything required but you need items of Cazic Thule and Innoruk? I think both these items are like 100k+ each?
Old 02-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Eye of Innoruuk is 5-10k
Slime Blood of Cazic Thule is I think 20k?
The bottleneck seems to be the Black Silk Cape from KoS in Sky. I'd predict that to be the most expensive component, but I'm only speaking from observation.

Quote:
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 02-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

I thought Slime Blood was still around ~200k. Also, I play a wiz so don't have lifetaps or heals or anything but the ZHeart is nice for the regen.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought Slime Blood was still around ~200k. Also, I play a wiz so don't have lifetaps or heals or anything but the ZHeart is nice for the regen.
My Wizard currently using Zlandi + Manna Robe

Quote:

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 02-13-2017, 06:33 AM
Kobold

If you're in the business of min/max I'd say Zlandi Heart is BiS for a necro. You'll want your epic too for the clicky (and for fashion quest) but you're going to want to always have Zlandi heart equipped. The 5 regen matters just that much. If you were to get the 10th Coldain ring then that + zlandi heart = 1 hp regen sitting per tick in demi lich as an iksar.

I think the prices for the epic pieces are:

5-10k Eye of Innu
150-200k Slime Blood
??? Black Silk Cape - this is, like SoekiWiz pointed out - the bottle neck. I don't remember ever seeing the loot rights being sold. You can't MQ this part so you would have to purchase the loot rights. You'd then need to wait and be ready to loot. Keeper of Souls has like 13-14 items on its loot table and drops 2 items. So you're looking at like a 1/7 chance per Plane of Sky raid. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would doubt it's actually feasable to buy the Black Silk Cape.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Just got the email notification about this thread being replied to :P lol

Yes, the Slime Blood is at least 200k, I was missing a 0 the first time.

On farming the cape, it's not necessarily 1 in 7 "per sky raid"

Firstly, items have different % chance of dropping (common/uncommon/rare/ultra rare)

Secondly, KoS respawn time is relatively low. I think it's 90 minutes?

You could head up there with a group and just camp dat ass for a while.

Quote:

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 02-20-2017, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

considering just having an aura of battle item(2hp/sec) on a caster, or even a melee class you can notice the difference in regen from that mere amount. I would gather to say a zheart is a huge difference esp for casters. On red we had some wizards that would use them after pvp they would put epic barrier back up, then swap zheart to regen the hp they took through rune. mind you swapping epic alone is going to hurt when you put it back on youll be down like 150-200 mana minimum, offhand as well. but as long as you have an extra minute to regen mana before you swap back its not an issue. Zheart is one of those 'nice to have, but do i have the cash to waste on it' items. if your in a raiding guild and all the necros have one, send a tell on it to get one imo.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:42 AM
Kobold

I guess it all depends on how much money you have and what else there is to spend it on.

Epic aside I can think of only a couple of money sinks for necros. One is Zlandi Heart, another would be Holgresh Elder Beads, the beads being somewhat cheaper at around 100k.

If your char had neither I think I would go for the beads first but I'm not sure. I will say that I use my beads somewhat rarely at 60 but I have not considered selling them once to fund a Zlandi heart. It's like, if I'm playing a necro I want to have those beads always. The heart improves your chars over all regen and that is super sweet and allows for you to do more stuff a bit easier but the beads lets you do something unique (unless you're wanting to buy charged items with the same effect) which feels priceless in some situations. But I don't know what you'd benefit more from.

All of that was just to say, if you have beads and we aren't talking about buying epic pieces then I don't really know what else you'd be saving up money for, for your necro, other than Z-heart. I would buy Z-heart long before going for SS-Robe MQ or any other nice stat-only item.
Closed Thread