Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Default Price jacking on the wiki

I think it's pretty widely known that fat cats in EC will jack up their prices to fix the price on the wiki, but there was one idiot in particular about a week ago putting some absurd prices up that have since made it to the wiki. Is this allowed? Can these not be stricken from the wiki?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-29-2017, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

There is a page for exactly that, http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...r/TRIMOUTLIERS, but ... unfortunately it's disabled (and has been for who knows how long).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

What a bummer. Hope someone can take a loot at it and determine that the prices are BS. The guy showed up with those prices for 2 days then disappeared. Pretty safe to assume he sold none of it and naturally he turned into a raging shitlord whenever someone sent him a tell asking why his prices were so high.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

I got something you can jack

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-29-2017, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a bummer. Hope someone can take a loot at it and determine that the prices are BS. The guy showed up with those prices for 2 days then disappeared. Pretty safe to assume he sold none of it and naturally he turned into a raging shitlord whenever someone sent him a tell asking why his prices were so high.
Maybe someday I will, but I kind of hate PHP and I'm buy with my FashionQuest project ATM.

Ultimately until someone builds my dream (and auction tracker that uses the logs of someone's permanently logged-in character, so that no one can manipulate them) this is just part of the "fun" of using a tracker.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

*busy not buy

Old 10-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Banned

Auction trackers are not classic. If you weren’t using it you wouldn’t have this problem
Old 10-29-2017, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

We are in a recession. Hoard your platinum or else you'll be one of the poors.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned

Of course it's allowed, you can't outlaw what someone sells their item for on an open market.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Auction trackers are not classic. If you weren’t using it you wouldn’t have this problem
This. ^

I recognize the problem with auction trackers being manipulated, it's real. To eliminate such misiformation, you simply need to stop using them.
Closed Thread