Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

Default Safe to zone into TOV

Druid unemployment options available.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Calms the savage spirit of almost any creature in an area around your target, making them less likely to attack.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Orc

Too subtle. RIP Sontalak.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Banned

"We gathered great force in arms, over one hundred of the bravest souls who had survived the Ruins of Kunark, to challenge this Ancient One. Deceived as he was by my alliance with the Claws of Veeshan, I landed the first blow, square on his nose; it was of no consequence. The first word of magic he spoke stripped me utterly of my magical wards and with a single glance, he turned half our army insane with Fear.

Overwhelmed as I was by his terrifying spells, I watched helplessly as my comrades were struck down, one by one. By the time I regained control over my limbs, there were only a handful of us left. Those priests who survived turn tail and fled. Injured, half-crazed, it was only by the merit of my stamina that I managed to escape his wrath and flee into the Temple of Veeshan."

- The Journal of Filbus Furyfoot, Lord of the Misty Thicket
Old 01-18-2018, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"We gathered great force in arms, over one hundred of the bravest souls who had survived the Ruins of Kunark, to challenge this Ancient One. Deceived as he was by my alliance with the Claws of Veeshan, I landed the first blow, square on his nose; it was of no consequence. The first word of magic he spoke stripped me utterly of my magical wards and with a single glance, he turned half our army insane with Fear.

Overwhelmed as I was by his terrifying spells, I watched helplessly as my comrades were struck down, one by one. By the time I regained control over my limbs, there were only a handful of us left. Those priests who survived turn tail and fled. Injured, half-crazed, it was only by the merit of my stamina that I managed to escape his wrath and flee into the Temple of Veeshan."

i really liek the tone of this one ^^ not as playful as most the writing you share, but highly compelling ^^
Old 01-18-2018, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this mean dragons that AE will no longer be pulled to the zone in room?
Shit’s classic.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i really liek the tone of this one ^^ not as playful as most the writing you share, but highly compelling ^^
ya it's the last remnant of a once great project i did back in 2015, writing flavor text into many entires of the project 1999 wiki shortly after velious release. One mad nerd went in there and deleted 99% of the other ones. Luckily this one survived.

sad!
Old 01-18-2018, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Default Sight for sore eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya it's the last remnant of a once great project i did back in 2015, writing flavor text into many entires of the project 1999 wiki shortly after velious release. One mad nerd went in there and deleted 99% of the other ones. Luckily this one survived.

sad!
I prefer yours, feeds the imagination.

Quote:
"Lord Koi'Doken. He came upon us in a black fury, and in his wake an army of his minions. Never before have I seen a dragon as hideous as this. With one hand I wielded my sword to engage the wurm and with my other I clasped the skeletal fingers of Death." - The Journal of Filbus Furyfoot, Lord of the Misty Thicket.

spicemarket.jpeg

Lord Koi'Doken looks like the spawn of Hideous Despair and Your Worst Nightmares. His fangs are as long as an iksar's tail. He smells of rotten cabbage and fermented shark. Wear a diaper; you will pee in your armor as this fifty foot serpent of the Darkest Terror comes flying toward you (yes he flies when he's not in the water). Koi'Doken feeds off your despair and rejoices in slathering himself in the blood of his victims.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Nice!
Old 01-19-2018, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Nice prose
Closed Thread