Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Default 60 epic/ torp Shaman (very casual lfg)

Hello P99 family,

I started on p99 back in 2011 with my shaman and played A LOT, I raided (Flawless Victory/Rapture)often but times have changed. I took nearly 5 years off and have been back for about 6 months now. I’m now married and work full-time so I don’t have an abundance of time like before. I also get A LOT of wifey Agro so my play is very spotty. However, I do now wish to join a guild mostly for the comradadry, but also for the occasional guild group, duo or raid.

I have a 60 epic ogre Shaman with torpor plus all the other goodies and I’m looking for a guild. My gear is pretty good fungi, sky ring and shoulders, Kael legs/arms, othmir totem, NoS, crown of king tranix, Djarns ring, SBS, Heirophant cloak, etc... Over 200 wisdom and 115 mr unbuffed...I also have a 53 monk I don’t play much anymore and will be looking to start another alt (Cleric,Druid, or Sk). I State some of my gear to show that I’m relatively well geared and to also illustrate my primary objective in joining a guild will not be for improving my items rather the comradary and action.

The kind of guild I want to join is a guild where raiding is not mandatory, there is no dkp on loot but rather ran rolls for people who need, the guild tries to get guild groups going in challenging zones and for alts, DOES NOT bat phone or guild shame for not attending raids, allows very casual roughly (10 hours a week) of play time, does not require team speak(wifey Agro) but rather encourages it, and guild members who are very friendly, helpful, polite and social.

I have a lot of requests in looking for the right guild but I do believe there are some out there that will meet my needs. Please leave a reply if I sound like a good fit for your guild. Thanks.

Cisco 60 Ogre Oracle
Raksid Rockwell 53 Iksar Disciple
Last edited by ScottBerta; 07-04-2018 at 04:24 AM..
Old 07-04-2018, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

I’m into physical education but mostly teach Math to students with learning disabilities. Thank you for pointing out my poor use of syntax and grammar.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 07-04-2018 at 04:30 AM..
Old 07-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

From your criteria I would say the top guilds are out, so no Aftermath, Tempest, Azure Guard, CSG(Europa/Omni), Kittens(welcome to top guilds Kittens!) and Paradigm Shift. Any of the others that have long standing forum threads here probably will work. Good luck and Welcome back! (Be wary of any guild that would let Hyjal lead them)
Last edited by Fabby; 07-05-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Old 07-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Orc

Despite what people would lead you to believe, Aftermath would be the most efficient use of your eq time.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Hydra Alliance guilds are always recruiting casual raiders, we have a RAP system (hourly DKP) but it is very casual. It is an alliance of five or six guilds - if you are interested let me know.

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Old 07-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Kobold

Kittens is the friendliest raiding guild out there. They have recently moved to a DKP system that is unlike any on the server. It is specifically designed so casual players can get good loot, as well as the most hardcore raider. If you are interested I can tell you more about it. Their current raid schedule is: Sky Fridays, ToV HoT Sundays, and Tuesday Rotations between Vindi/Kael, Velketor, Fear, Hate, Gazicor/DN, etc.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

No guild on the server currently would fit your criteria, unfortunately.

If you want friendly with some raiding, join Kittens.

You want casual, join Dawn Believers, The Second Sons, Venerate or Clue if they're still around.

For quick spurts of being able to play and wanting to raid, Aftermath would probably be your best bet, but you wouldn't make the required RA to make member status and they batphone and use DKP.

Pretty much all guilds use DKP or Loot Council. Pugs are your best bet for roll offs.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Hey Cisco,
Welcome back! I also was in those same guilds with you FV\Rapture. I am kind of in the same boat. I am married with a kid and don't have time to commit to a lot of things. I am in The Second Sons and they do raid but it is not mandatory and they have a lot of pick up groups that attempt fun targets. Most stuff is open roll that I have been to. Good people and fun times, I am sure they'd love to have you.

There are a lot of good choices though for you. Do what you think fits you best! GL!
Old 07-06-2018, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The kind of guild I want to join is a guild where raiding is not mandatory, there is no dkp on loot but rather ran rolls for people who need, the guild tries to get guild groups going in challenging zones and for alts, DOES NOT bat phone or guild shame for not attending raids, allows very casual roughly (10 hours a week) of play time, does not require team speak(wifey Agro) but rather encourages it, and guild members who are very friendly, helpful, polite and social.
I'd like the same kind of guild you would. I haven't found one. Best I've been able to do over the years is join various up-and-coming guilds then leave once they get raid fever and start raiding excessively (a typical breaking point being when DKP-type loot is adopted). I joke with friends that I'm always on the lookout for my next ex-guild.

I don't put too much stock in guild recruitment posts. Lots of guilds claim they're casual-friendly, but in practice that quite often means they grudgingly tolerate casuals and won't outright disband them. I don't know anything about "The Second Sons." It appeared while I was in a low-activity period. They look like they're worth investigating.

Danth
Old 07-06-2018, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Hi Cisco.
Closed Thread