Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think Biden was the best democratic candidate that could have won the primary? I'm curious who you think woulda been best.

If you ran, what would your platform be? What is the most important thing a president could do today? And maybe how?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-20-2021, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't live in a productive economic area. There's two schools spitting distance from me and mainstreet. Plz don't dox and kill me. It's not bad but not great. There's some dorm like housing I guess like for sorta needy families but it doesn't look cheap. Even though it is. It's quite basic and dated.

I'm pretty sure individuals can buy whatever they want in my city and the surrounding rural area. The gated retirement communities on golf courses are deeper into the county.

Things are changing rapidly here. Housing prices doubled from a pretty static low level in the last decade. Rents pretty much tripled. More ALFs are being built rapidly and it's either a nursing degree or Walmart.

I'm not sure how I feel about SFH. I feel like it's probably going to be detrimental as culture inevitably shifts and people try to pick up the pieces. I could see how if I lived in a nice stable neighborhood SFH would protect me from kinda rowdy kids and a chaotic environment. Best solution in those areas is make it lucrative for a healthy family to board single people as students or workers. Stuff like a single apartment addon to a house and for those families to give guidance and set ground rules for their tenants.

I could see how SFH is terrible for like an apartment complex right outside a university or college or economic area.

Telecommuting. Work from home. Zoning stuff residential + like semi commercial. Lots of alternatives.

Telecommuting is super good for the environment, and like artists, administrators. Accountants. Stuff that's mostly digital.

Big office buildings could be renovated into residences and green houses.

Maybe allow people to apply for zoning exceptions for a business like a spa. Or organic veg garden market.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-20-2021 at 10:31 PM..
Old 03-20-2021, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't live in a productive economic area. There's two schools spitting distance from me and mainstreet. Plz don't dox and kill me. It's not bad but not great. There's some dorm like housing I guess like for sorta needy families but it doesn't look cheap. Even though it is. It's quite basic and dated.

I'm pretty sure individuals can buy whatever they want in my city and the surrounding rural area. The gated retirement communities on golf courses are deeper into the county.

Things are changing rapidly here. Housing prices doubled from a pretty static low level in the last decade. Rents pretty much tripled. More ALFs are being built rapidly and it's either a nursing degree or Walmart.

I'm not sure how I feel about SFH. I feel like it's probably going to be detrimental as culture inevitably shifts and people try to pick up the pieces. I could see how if I lived in a nice stable neighborhood SFH would protect me from kinda rowdy kids and a chaotic environment. Best solution in those areas is make it lucrative for a healthy family to board single people as students or workers. Stuff like a single apartment addon to a house and for those families to give guidance and set ground rules for their tenants.

I could see how SFH is terrible for like an apartment complex right outside a university or college or economic area.

Telecommuting. Work from home. Zoning stuff residential + like semi commercial. Lots of alternatives.

Telecommuting is super good for the environment, and like artists, administrators. Accountants. Stuff that's mostly digital.

Big office buildings could be renovated into residences and green houses.

Maybe allow people to apply for zoning exceptions for a business like a spa. Or organic veg garden market.
nice meltdown
Old 03-20-2021, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, basically the worlds economy, the worlds industry, international relations between nations, and our global trade infrastructure is crumbling to dust and nobody is admitting it.
I agree, I think it’s more than just some factories shutting down for a bit that’s impacting this.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 03-20-2021, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, basically the worlds economy, the worlds industry, international relations between nations, and our global trade infrastructure is crumbling to dust and nobody is admitting it.
America would be in a better spot if it wasn't in the middle east and was more like South Canada. And we just paid Mexico for the privilege to police our borders and detain the media rather than build a silly wall.

Letting Russia interfere in South America is a big oof we may never recover from and probably wouldn't have happened if we didn't topple their governments and mess with them. And were just more supportive even if they were really imperfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice meltdown
Maybe I should be a politicianess, which party do you recommend for me? Like, where do I fit in?

I think I look more like a Republican physically, anatomically tbh.

But I'm not sure 100%

I'd like to provide an alternative to absolute fascism or authoritarian communism, but I'm not really sure how.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Cassawary deleting things.

I smiled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2021, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Whats SFH? Slaving from home?
Old 03-21-2021, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Cassawary deleting things.

I smiled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2021, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yessssssssss!

<3

SFH = single family housing or households. Probably the main reason people gay marry. And a way that the state or community can kick people out of their homes if they don't conform to the states definition of family.

You're all family tho. Even the drug psychos. If I were your guardian and protector, leader, boss, owner I would take responsibility for your well-being.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yessssssssss!

<3

SFH = single family housing or households. Probably the main reason people gay marry. And a way that the state or community can kick people out of their homes if they don't conform to the states definition of family.

You're all family tho. Even the drug psychos. If I were your guardian and protector, leader, boss, owner I would take responsibility for your well-being.
Closed Thread