Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-19-2022, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My realtor I saw at a family gathering over Easter weekend since he’s a family friend. He asked how I was liking the house and I joked that it was going up $1000/day

I was totally kidding, but I just looked it up and it did indeed go up in value $30k in the last month, which comes out to $1000/day

House makes way more money than I could…
totally makes sense with the social economic climate out there.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2022, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My realtor I saw at a family gathering over Easter weekend since he’s a family friend. He asked how I was liking the house and I joked that it was going up $1000/day

I was totally kidding, but I just looked it up and it did indeed go up in value $30k in the last month, which comes out to $1000/day

House makes way more money than I could…
Yeah I have no idea when this is going to end. You'd think it would start to slow with mortgage rates going up but in an already low inventory market with companies like OpenDoor coming in and buying your shitty home straight cash to flip it I bet it keeps going for another year or two. You should ask your friend what percent of homes are getting sold to companies instead of families. I'm kinda curious. I heard its like 30% nowadays but no idea if thats true or not.
Old 04-19-2022, 01:09 PM
Banned

BTW, the ultra-powerful investing firm Blackrock, that’s buying up all the homes and driving up home prices, is Liberal

“BlackRock, the world's largest investment manager, has become an increasingly influential Wall Street player in Washington, DC. The firm has hired notable policy-makers over the years, and at least three leaders with the New York-based asset manager on their resumes now hold prominent roles in President Joe Biden's cabinet”

“By the time Deese and Adeyemo got to BlackRock, they already had experience working in government. Deese was previously a senior advisor to President Barack Obama and served as deputy director of the National Economic Council, which he is now set to lead under Biden.

Adeyemo, who was appointed as deputy Treasury secretary in the Biden administration, had previously worked as Obama's senior international economics advisor. While at BlackRock, one of his roles was Fink's interim chief of staff.

Pyle, who has worked as BlackRock's global chief investment strategist, had also previously worked in Obama's administration by the time he started at the asset manager”

https://www.businessinsider.com/what...ts-2020-12?amp
Old 04-19-2022, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
BTW, the ultra-powerful investing firm Blackrock, that’s buying up all the homes and driving up home prices, is Liberal
https://www.weforum.org/organizations/blackrock-inc

Old 04-19-2022, 01:17 PM
Banned

Good song.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Buy privately. That takes some work though, you know like talking to people and being willing to negotiate and work with other people.

Easier to just pay some ex-high school athlete who grew up in your area to get 5% of your sale for paying a photographer to take photos and then upload them into Redfin. It helps if they can read a contract, not required though.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

My home value has doubled since I bought it. I would buy another house but the cost has doubled.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Makes sense because of the booming economy and amazing prospects everyone has.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 04-30-2022, 05:31 PM
Banned

Not home but this is apparently another reason why you don’t want to buy a newer year car (+ car’s inflated price)

Registering it now costs *3* times as much as it used to!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7949B6D8-BA5A-4739-9A5B-80C1B16D52C5.jpg (19.6 KB, 0 views)