Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you feel <Misunderstood>? Tell us your preference.
My preference is RP. 13 59.09%
My preference is PvP. 2 9.09%
I prefer both equally. 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 06:17 PM
Kobold

Post <Misunderstood> | An RP-PvP Guild on Green

Greetings once more, wayward %r %t!

It has been some time since I, myself, have last ventured onto these forums and into the lands of Norrath. And alas, onto the Green server. I seek your aid in fulfilling an aim of not only mine, but perhaps many, many others.

<Misunderstood> will be a casual Roleplay-oriented guild for those who have both flagged themselves for the Player Versus Player system at the Priest of Discord and will only be permitting evil-aligned races and worshippers unless otherwise Agnostic. Actual, proactive involvement in PvP with other players will be entirely optional and while the intention is for roleplay, active use of the roleplay tag being enabled will also be optional (due to its anonymizing effects and the inconveniences this may cause for yourself). Infighting within the guild will be disallowed unless both parties consent and camping others will be outright forbidden. Lore wise, we are but a conglomerate of individuals who share the commonality of our suffering. Many of us have similar goals, and though they may manifest in different ways, we all agree that this world is in need of discord. Do you [wish to join] our cause?

We do not officially make use of VOIP nor personal guild forums. There is no necessary commitment to the guild, should you join only to find another guild more to your interest. Whether you like to play solo, quest as a group or what have you, you are welcome to whichever your fancy. If you have any questions regarding our guild, you are welcome to leave a reply, message me via these forums and/or in-game on Darious. Once the guild is formed, this post will be also updated with the founding officers (with their permission).

We are not cruel - we are simply <Misunderstood>.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Green Player Versus Player Q&A:

Q: What happens when you kill someone or are killed in PvP?
A: The same thing as if someone killed you in an Arena happens not unlike being killed in general.

Q: Can others loot my character's equipment or money?
A: No.

Q: Do I lose experience upon death?
A: If a player lands the final blow that kills you, then you do not lose experience.

Q: Am I able to be buffed, healed or ported by others while flagged for PvP? Can I affect others?
A: Yes and no; if another player is capable of engaging you in combat, be it flagged similarly or has an outstanding duel with you, then yes. If your name is red and theirs is not, then you cannot affect them in any way except bandaging them. These rulings go both ways between flagged and non-flagged players.

Q: Do spells and abilities work differently against other players in terms of damage, resistance and duration?
A: I recommend reading this article for a full summary on how such mechanics work.

Q: Is there a sizable population that actively engages in PvP on Green?
A: As of this post, no, there is not.

(This list will be updated as facts are verified or rebuked and/or other inquires are made.)

"The Druids of Tunare, the Paladins of Marr...bah... Surely, they serve their purpose in this world, I would never deny this. Though what lofty goals they so parade, blind to their own injustices their actions wrought upon this world. Such an imbalance, such disarray. Do they not realize any animal left to graze entirely upon the field will devour it whole and starve themselves in entirety? Do they not see the hypocrisy in their laws by exercising what is 'righteous' through their force? Yet they call us vile and villainous in their ignorance. Their ignorance, which they're so proud, leaves such differences in our lives that cannot be anything else but misunderstood. There can never be true 'peace', and I would never wish for it; but what I, Darious Bileblood, wish is to paint this world so beautiful a canvas that all cannot help but marvel at what my god may truly open their eyes to. Oh, how common our goals and yet they know it not. They will be made to see the truth. They seek to keep this world clean, an empty canvas, yet art is meant to be witnessed...and so they shall witness my masterpiece...our masterpiece..."
-t. Darious, Faithful of Bertoxxulous
Old 11-14-2021, 06:24 PM
Kobold

If you would be interested in helping form this guild, my character is presently based in the East Commonlands region and I play during the afternoons in EST. Let me know what your character name is, either privately or here, and once three more individuals volunteer, I will write a petition for the creation of the guild.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Banned

As the storm blows so do your fine words. Whilst Karana must wear and wither away all that is chaff in the wind, alas, Starkind is destined to wander her own way. Wherever the storm brings her.

(ooc) Very nice write up, super awesome guild concept [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My ranger is trying to make friends with the Bloodsabers, the city folk are weak. And a blight.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Thanks! Haha I'd mused with the idea of an "evil" Ranger or Druid a time back, in the sense of realizing nature needs balance (like how boar need to occasionally be culled). Glad to see someone else doing the same.

The disease is spreading.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:44 AM
Kobold

We've made a petition with enough players to host the guild! Message me in-game and I'll add you to my friend's list if you wish to join, where I'll coordinate getting you an invite once the guild is formed.

Blessed be Bertoxxulous!
Old 11-15-2021, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Good luck!
Old 11-15-2021, 11:08 AM
Banned

Haha ya maybe when I burnt out on Starkind and make that iksar or half elf warrior I was planning I will put an actual evil character in your guild ) for now though just having fun on the westsiiiiiiide.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha ya maybe when I burnt out on Starkind and make that iksar or half elf warrior I was planning I will put an actual evil character in your guild ) for now though just having fun on the westsiiiiiiide.
Aye, that'd be awesome. I do also miss Qeynos so much. It's my favorite city. The guild has been made now, by the way (that was fast!) so I can begin proper recruitment. Woo~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck!
Thanks! I look forward to it! \o/
Old 11-15-2021, 01:24 PM
Kobold

The deed is done. If you [wish to join the fellowship of discord], whose blood runs red with the hate of villainous past and scorned gods, we welcome you with open arms.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're based in the East Commons region.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Good luck to you guys. Misunderstood might be the perfect name for you. Cause I truly don't understand pvp'ers in EQ. Roleplayers are kind of strange too. Fun to roleplay a little, but staying in Ogre speak 100% of the time is just plain annoying.
Closed Thread