Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you feel <Misunderstood>? Tell us your preference.
My preference is RP. 13 59.09%
My preference is PvP. 2 9.09%
I prefer both equally. 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck to you guys. Misunderstood might be the perfect name for you. Cause I truly don't understand pvp'ers in EQ. Roleplayers are kind of strange too. Fun to roleplay a little, but staying in Ogre speak 100% of the time is just plain annoying.
Thanks! I'm glad it's fitting. I usually play it by ear when my roleplay is too excessive for the atmosphere, honestly; if the group vibe isn't for it, I typically shelve it for the time.

Adding the PvP element, for me, is for a somewhat more immersive experience. In EverQuest, as an evil race, you are not trusted by much of the world's populace and, with a red name, the unfamiliarity of it for others yields a similar sense of hesitation and distrust. The idea of needing to look over your shoulder where you travel and knowing who you can count on really lends to the idea that you'd feel safer crawling around in some dark cave or dank sewer. I don't overtly look for someone to fight, but the idea of having to stay just a little bit more on my toes - and how differently I would need to think if I fought someone versus your conventional NPC - adds a fun variety to things.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck to you guys. Misunderstood might be the perfect name for you. Cause I truly don't understand pvp'ers in EQ. Roleplayers are kind of strange too. Fun to roleplay a little, but staying in Ogre speak 100% of the time is just plain annoying.
I've been toying with the idea of a 'Reds on Green' guild for ages, under the name 'Colour Blind'. Misunderstood is far better tbh.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been toying with the idea of a 'Reds on Green' guild for ages, under the name 'Colour Blind'. Misunderstood is far better tbh.
I can totally get the idea behind the idea of a colorblind guild, in the sense that you're playing with blue and purple names with a red and/or salmon-red name on a Green server. Lol Glad you like it, though! My old man thought of the name and it was simple yet different enough for me to want to steal it. Hehe It's great too that there'll be the other Red guild at least, too (hopefully) for some variety if people want to focus more on RP or more on sheer PvP.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:04 PM
Banned

I want to build a red namish guild, that's a serious commitment tho.

I like the idea of pvp events and level brackets for fun were u just put bronze and get a good under lvl 30 weapon and meet up in the swamp. Or outside of Najena. Or go tearing through the slums of freeport.

I definitely would love if some SK was waiting in the bushes and HT'd my warrior in EC. Would totally make the world feel like it was real and I would be like LLOL OUCH, gg.

That was a lot of fun back in the day. Even tho we didn't KOS everyone on sight we kinda did stick to RP rules mostly. Had our areas we patrolled. Until a group came in.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:26 AM
Kobold

Added the guild to the list of guilds on Green for the P99 wiki article!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to build a red namish guild, that's a serious commitment tho.

I like the idea of pvp events and level brackets for fun were u just put bronze and get a good under lvl 30 weapon and meet up in the swamp. Or outside of Najena. Or go tearing through the slums of freeport.

I definitely would love if some SK was waiting in the bushes and HT'd my warrior in EC. Would totally make the world feel like it was real and I would be like LLOL OUCH, gg.

That was a lot of fun back in the day. Even tho we didn't KOS everyone on sight we kinda did stick to RP rules mostly. Had our areas we patrolled. Until a group came in.
Yeah, I was talking to the other guy who is hoping to make another Red guild, and we had similar ideas in the vein of possible promotional events to show folks it can be fun and not as nerve-wracking as most people might believe it to be.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:46 AM
Banned

I think promotional events is were it's at. IMO if I farmed up some newbie starter gear (jade broadsword, wraith bone hammers, stuff like that) --- even players with mains and stuff would be welcome, a free set of banded is a free set of banded! or some +mr rings or w/e like a blue diamond ring or bracer i forget what is what

and we can entice newbies to come to EC or orc 1 or oasis to compete for something that will take them to level 30 that will be motivation to book for a few minutes, would be nice to offer free rides to them back and forth between qeynos to make booking ez

i have a baby druid at lvl 20 or something not sure ... long term goals! let people see they can have fun, it doesn't have to always be dragons on tuesday!

----

also if we get a sufficient player base we can all book and fight vox/naggy on lvl 51's while pvp and have like a pvp event afterwards later on down the road just for screenshots and random fun make it more interesting doesn't always have to be about pvp if we are red

----

i too am one of those players who almost never goes out of my way to fight other ppl i dont even compete with ppl in pve, i do like being attacked in pvp tho every once in awhile it makes the game more interesting for sure, Especially if i'm with a group of players who all have pumice and know how to pvp! things get super interesting then! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] some days i just want to grind some low lvl mobs and when i played on red99 that was what my alts were for

at some point i'll go blue again, probably to make some progress on starkind in like MM or something, not ready for that though, i'm in no hurry, then I will go red again. I'll probably stay red 90% of the time

I wish I could have that pink roleplay name tho without being anon!
Last edited by starkind; 11-16-2021 at 09:53 AM..
Old 11-16-2021, 05:35 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Today, I traveled to the lands the Greater Faydark to to convene with creations of Rallos Zek to hone my magicks. After a time, my blessed lord Bertoxxulous poured his word to my ears once more: I was told to pray return to the sands of the East Commandlands. I dared not question him nor wonder where this may lead, and like the plague I went without thought. Sure enough, a whisper came from Nektulos Forest. I met with two Dark Elves, of which both followed as I in the ways of discord. Truly, allies among those of Innoruuk's people. Their rage and hatred stirs like the sickness of madness, a pox that only enflames the vengeance of those too weak for victory yet too strong for death. A sickness that spreads, intensifying, as it spills bile and blood upon the battlefield. It will be good to have their might by my side, so that we may together seek our goals and route those who dare defy our deities. Glorious..."

-t. Darious, Faithful of Bertoxxulous
Last edited by Nachtsuchen; 11-16-2021 at 05:37 PM..
Old 11-16-2021, 05:40 PM
Banned

I love these [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]))))
Old 11-16-2021, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think promotional events is were it's at. IMO if I farmed up some newbie starter gear (jade broadsword, wraith bone hammers, stuff like that) --- even players with mains and stuff would be welcome, a free set of banded is a free set of banded! or some +mr rings or w/e like a blue diamond ring or bracer i forget what is what...

...I wish I could have that pink roleplay name tho without being anon!
Yeah, I like having the roleplay distinction but wish it let people know on /who all that you were in RP instead of anonymizing you. It's basically /anon+ Lol

And yeah, that would be awesome. I don't have mains high enough to farm such worthwhile stuff but I I'm thinking about saving what knicknacks I do find and handing them out alongside Tomes of Discord. xD

Quote:
I love these [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]))))
I'm glad. Hopefully it if it doesn't bother people, I hoped to write mild episodic posts like that for giggles as things develop. <3
Old 11-16-2021, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I like having the roleplay distinction but wish it let people know on /who all that you were in RP instead of anonymizing you. It's basically /anon+ Lol

And yeah, that would be awesome. I don't have mains high enough to farm such worthwhile stuff but I I'm thinking about saving what knicknacks I do find and handing them out alongside Tomes of Discord. xD

I'm glad. Hopefully it if it doesn't bother people, I hoped to write mild episodic posts like that for giggles as things develop. <3
That's what makes EQ great, spread the word!
Closed Thread