Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-14-2022, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Default Bard Gear Question

When I started back into the game, I had a very generous gift of 3k plat to work with. I kitted out my bard on blue with mystic Koada'Dal armor pieces (BP, Arms, Legs, Feet), Hero Bracers, a Lieutenant's Helm, and some miscellaneous jewelry for face, ears, ring slots.

For weapons I've got Defiance , Di'zok Wristsnapper, and Sionachie's Partisan.

For instruments I've got Mistmoore Battle Drums, Lute of the Gypsy Princess, and a generic horn and flute.

My questions are: Am I correct in assuming that this gear will hold me fine until I'm getting into my 50s? And if not when should I be looking to upgrade and what should I be saving for?

My main leveling plan will be fear-kiting solo and grouping when I can.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

When fear kiting all you really want is a decent haste item and decent weapons. When you are grouping, maybe just HP gear really so you are doing fine into your 50's yes
Old 02-15-2022, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

All you need is jboots and being naked with instruments, kite to 60 and play mana song until you get enough dkp to gear a real char. Hope that helps
Old 04-29-2022, 05:16 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Charm kill instead, it's fun and effective, find 2 mobs charm one dot the other, then charm the one you just dotted, sick that one on you'r old pet and dot that one, rinse and repeat.
Old 04-30-2022, 07:56 AM
Orc

Ya this equipment will do well up to at least 50. My bard is 48 and I fear kited my way there. Current weapons are Di'zok Wristsnapper and Guardians Mace. My armor is a hodgepodge of different stuff, phase spider carapace, hero bracers, feathered leggings, crystal chitin gauntlets, HP rings, ect. Only thing I would suggest is hp/stamina stuff. The extra HP is helpfull when things go wrong. Glad to see another bard melee their way up.