Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Large Bat

Default Places to get groups

Where is the best place for a level 39 cleric to find a group? I've tried Sol B and City of Mist. Both zones have had people in the mid-50s?
Old 02-25-2022, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

thats basically it.particularly CoM. Its a bit hit or miss though. I think the 40s are the biggest lull for grouping. XP has slowed down a bunch by then and a lot of people stop, the next biggest group is 51+ in KC and Hole. If you can muddle through the 40s you'll have a much easier time with groups again.

You could also cold-message enchanters to duo wherever, or melee types to duo spectres or something like that.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:33 AM
Sarnak

Crystal Caverns is fantastic for this level range. Almost always has a group or two crawling around. My monk spent a significant amount of 40-45 here.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

As a cleric you should just do a /who all enchanter +/- 3 levels to you and see if you can find one that will duo.

Cazic Thule is good xp til 42 ish. The pyramid area out back is basically a cow level. The ZEM is insane.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Level 39 you can either be still getting EXP from festering hags, or from spectres at their various locations with the highest level ones being the plane of fear entrance area in feerot.

Then you can venture into Lguk which is good exp solo also.

Otherwise toxigens advice to find an enchy is the best. Its an insane duo, the cleric means the pet doesn't rob EXP anymore, it just goes to the cleric so its basically a free upgrade, and your HP Buffs keep the enchanter from being killed, and you can CH the enchanter pet so you can keep the ideal pet for as long as you want.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Duoing with a necro or druid is pretty much just as good as enchanter, too. Of course, the key is them being good. Your job will be primarily to stun on charm breaks, then maybe Root (lowest level one) so they can recharm. Also keep the enemy rooted and interrupt their spells.

I duoed with a cleric a lot in early Velious, in Kael. He could CH my pet so it wouldnt summon me on breaks, he could Lull, he stunned/rooted my pet on breaks, he saved me, he was very useful. We duoed all of arena and he got 58-60 and a full set of Thurg gear. At your level, a druid will be charming in kedge and then PoFear.

Necros likewise can do just as well in LGuk, then Karnors, the Hole, or Seb. But again, finding a GOOD consistent duo partner is tough. Lots of players aren't very good at charming. When you find one, hold on with both hands, lol.

A good duo partner is the best, fastest way to level. Even beats DN powerleveling.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:04 PM
Kobold

KC if you don't care about faction. This is like the one stretch of levels that my mage would get consistent tells but I didn't want to ruin my faction for hammer and mages also destroy levels 39 to 51 solo so I politely declined.