Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 05-01-2022, 09:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fashion and roleplay-purposes aside I feel like there are only four meaningful race/diety combos.

Gnome
+ Wallhack
+ Can wear robe

Personally I don’t care abour raid minmax and I wanna be able to lull/pacify.

But how important is sneak, maybe I could get away with a Halfling if I were to max cha? When are fear and snare clickies really used? Halflings can sort of wallhack too, in fact most races can. Faction doesn’t matter much when you can sneak.

Halfling > All? Or should I go hooman!?
Chiming in on the lesser-played gnome option, but if you can get your hands on a set of cultural armor (Clockwork Watchman armor), gnome cleric can use the following clickies at level 20:

Battery Vision (see invis)
Invisibility Cloak (self-only invis)
Steam Overload (strength buff)
Grease Injection (SoW)
Mystic Precision (agility buff)

There's a summon wrench on the bracer and a short 40% haste somewhere else, but the set also has Velious plate graphics so that's cool.

Tinkering clerics >> everything else. Downside are the low strength stats, but the race/class combo checks all the other boxes for me.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dwarf
+ Good stats for raiding
+ Barrel roll

Personally I don’t care abour raid minmax and I wanna be able to lull/pacify.
Unless you put 25 of your starting points into charisma (the rest to agility) and carry around a fair amount of charisma gear you will have a very difficult time using lull/pacify.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:36 PM
Kobold

dwarf man

best racial imbued armor
best stats
barrel roll
good faction, only one who can sell in icewell

all clickies are useless for every race, they won’t affect much. really just play for looks, all other shit is trivial and can be fixed with gear and such.

only truly unique thing is sneak for halflings. thats not possible to get in other races. lull pacify will suck on all races. i have 255 charisma on chanter and i avoid using those spells due to crit resists. no cleric will be near that charisma cap.
Old 05-02-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

I guess I need to do some tests with various charismas to see how stupid it is to worry about that stat on a cleric.

I didn't try to deep dungeon crawl while depending on lull but I didn't get too many critical resists anyways.

Same question applies to paladin race choice. And even if you choose a dwarf paladin, do you put all points into charisma or do you just ignore it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I need to do some tests with various charismas to see how stupid it is to worry about that stat on a cleric.

I didn't try to deep dungeon crawl while depending on lull but I didn't get too many critical resists anyways.

Same question applies to paladin race choice. And even if you choose a dwarf paladin, do you put all points into charisma or do you just ignore it.
ignore it. put points into wisdom.

charisma will make little difference, level gap will be most.
Old 05-03-2022, 10:38 AM
Kobold

Can DE cleric do the quest for Reaper of the Dead? if yes, thats the nice bonus for DE.

otherwise dwarf is best
Old 05-03-2022, 10:59 AM
Kobold

Technically yes (Innoruuk worshippers mainly), but the quest has been bugged since November 2021 so nobody can currently complete that quest.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Dark elves are being quite underappreciated here. Look awesome in plate. Can wear robes. Can get snare clicky neck. Ultravision. And hide has allowed me to safely med while solo dungeon crawling.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

DE is a fine choice, they get shit canned because of people focusing on Charisma considerations.

If you ignore the charisma thing, the racial vision, hide, reaper of the dead + snare item makes them a decent choice. As others have mentioned, like many race choices it isn't going to make or break the class really.

Oldschoolguy - I think I still need to test it. I've got no plans to re-roll or anything with Gustoo, but if there was ever a new server I have been considering a cleric race choice and I have been considering Charisma a lot. Same with a Paladin race choice.

At the very least I can do some tests just for the fun of it, at some lowish level against a white con mob, a blue con mob, and a green con mob with the two different charisma levels and show the logs and the critical resists.

Lull is a level 1 cleric spell so it shouldn't take too much work. It's a meaningful part of the paladin / cleric tool kit that is only shared with enchanters so I think it is worth documenting.

Then again I think some pro enchanter guy already shared some logs.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 05-04-2022 at 11:41 AM..
Old 05-05-2022, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark elves are being quite underappreciated here. Look awesome in plate. Can wear robes. Can get snare clicky neck. Ultravision. And hide has allowed me to safely med while solo dungeon crawling.
Their hide (spam it) allows them determine if a mob has been affected by Atone. Threatening means failed. Indifferent means success.

Dark Elf clerics are the only ones who get halfling illusion. Though your religion is still evil your illusion can be of a good race. Halfling illusion currently (unless there is a patch) allows you to be gnome size and see through walls like gnomes. (thou humans can get this too)