Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default Motorcycles!

I kinda, accidentally, derailed someone else's thread with motorcycles. So I moved this here, who rides, what do you ride, all year, season, twisties, high ways, tracks? Whatever let us know.

I ride a 2006 Ninja 650r. Had it geared for racing, but I changed it back to OEM sprockets because I could never find anyone else on a sport bike around my town so there was no point to lessen my gas mileage. It's fine, can still do 135 on a straight away.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I still have my rear fender on it because the one I like is about $100 and I don't think putting that much money into a minor mod for this bike is worth it, after getting sports bars on it.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Moved this over from other thread!

I had a 2008 special edition Daytona 675....incredible bike, highly recommend. Only reason I sold it and got my 08 hayabusa was cause it was a lot more comfortable for the wife on trips.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't ridden for a few years now...sold my bikes to fund my standup jetski addiction.

However, when I did ride i never made it to the track though I wanted to. We have some very good riding up here for twisties and straights if you like speed. Maxxed my hayabusa out twice at 190 on the speedo..so prolly like 183ish on gps. Bike was amazing...the gen2 frame actually handled really well, and I could break 100mph in first gear...out of 6. Crazy fun machine

My daytona was an amazing bike too...a scalpel to the busa's chainsaw. Triple still had great power and accel but it really shined in the twisties...super flickable...dragged knees a few times without really trying.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

My '05 R1

Pipes, cams, tune, etc etc. I dont ride it nearly as much as I would like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 10-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sold it and got my 08 hayabusa was cause it was a lot more comfortable for the wife on trips.
Niiiice, two close friends of mine have 'busa's. They've been trying to get me to come over to the busa side, I just cant bring myself to get that big of a bike (I really like how nimble my R1 is in the turns). It definitely would be more comfy for my wife though.... the R1 sucks pretty bad for her, so she rarely goes with me.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Niiiice, two close friends of mine have 'busa's. They've been trying to get me to come over to the busa side, I just cant bring myself to get that big of a bike (I really like how nimble my R1 is in the turns). It definitely would be more comfy for my wife though.... the R1 sucks pretty bad for her, so she rarely goes with me.
If you're looking at wife comfort, I don't think a sport bike is the way to go =p
My wife starts to get kinda funky at around 40 minutes when riding, but I just really don't want a cruiser.

Nothing against them, but I don't feel like I'm in control with forward controls. I like the tucked in feel of sport bikes.

As far as future bikes go, Daytona is my top 1 at the moment, unless I decide to go up to 1000cc, then I'm probably looking at the s1000rr. Or the Ninja H2... Oh gawd the Ninja H2...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Its so damn ugly man! Looks like a transformer. The performance is nice.... but dat body [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its so damn ugly man! Looks like a transformer. The performance is nice.... but dat body [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeaah I know haha. Can't wait to see the street legal version
Old 10-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ride a 2006 Ninja 650r. Had it geared for racing, but I changed it back to OEM sprockets because I could never find anyone else on a sport bike around my town so there was no point to lessen my gas mileage. It's fine, can still do 135 on a straight away.
Geared for racing? You mean you had less teeth on the sprockets for faster acceleration? Also if you went for bigger gears you have have more top end and would have a higher top speed. And smaller gearing don't effect MPG that much at all unless your riding it at a higher RPM for some reason. If anything you would get to the average speed quicker and speed less time moving around the RPM range (saving more gas). The 650 is a nice bike I just dislike twins for a "sports bike" and the 650 is more so a casual sport bike hybrid. And the fact that most twins sound like a lawn mower.

Anyway I ride a sport bike legend the CBR 900RR firebird.
Last edited by lawll; 10-17-2014 at 01:24 PM..
Old 10-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 650 is a nice bike I just dislike twins for a "sports bike" and the 650 is more so a casual sport bike hybrid. And the fact that most twins sound like a lawn mower.
I've never been a big fan of twins for myself either but they make great starting race bikes. SV650 is one of the most popular, if not most popular, entry level race bike. (250's are getting more popular since getting their own class in our local club) Parts are abundantly available and relatively cheap and also have some of the least expensive track tire sizes - and race take-offs aren't hard to find within any race community I know of for these bikes. With the milder power band a new rider is less likely to break loose from a minor 'Twist of the Wrist' (haha Keith Code) in a corner as well.

As far as gearing for the street, doing the common one down two up shouldn't really affect gas mileage too much.
Closed Thread