Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

first off i didnt DEMAND anything. So no need to take some superior tone. Nor do I come in posting unarmed or uninformed. I'm not saying I'm never wrong. But what I found backs up my premise that the dots were intended to stack as they were previous to yesterday on this server.

I'm fairly sure I'm correct when i say that creeping crud and drones of doom stacked on sony's live servers. I played a druid in live and they stacked. All the old posts that I found on the two spells asking if they stacked say the same thing...yes.

Every other dot was stackable so that your two highest magic dots, plus one fire dot stacked. ie:

drones and stinging swarm were of one line; drifting death and creeping crud were of a different line.

A post from 2006 at url: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=665

"Ev every little bit helps drones of doom + Drifting death + Firey swarm =250ish damage a tick. Add that to you am3 eq damage with druzzils composite bow.
Eageleye Zeet = Leaglize it =P"

Another post and it's url: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=259

"Yes...it stacks with CC
Ranger 65 season
Evernoob 300"

Your list of patches in that one link says nothing about single pc's dot stacking - nothing at all. The only thing it speaks to with dot stacking is multiple persons of the same class. The EQ druids post I can't explain except to say that i believe they were wrong. It does not jive with the posts above nor my experience.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Project Manager

from eqdruids:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td valign="top">
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td valign="top">After extensive research from multiple classes, EQDruids has decided that we are most DoT friendly with other classes.

Druids can stack with themselves ONE of each section
Stinging Series: Stinging Swarm, Creeping Crud, Drones of Doom, Drifting Death
Flamelick Series :Flamelick, Immolate
(ie Immolate and Crud stack - Stinging and Crud DO NOT)
So far the Stinging Swarm, etc series stack 100% with all the Necromancer, Enchanter, and Shaman lines of all levels.
If you find a stack combination that DOES NOT work please email us.
Breath of Ro stacks with Stinging Series and Immolate Series
Winged Death stacks with Breath of Ro, Stinging Series, and Immolate Series
At Level 53, Immolate, Drifting Death, Breath of Ro, and Winged Death Stack.

Note that 2 druids casting a stinging series DOES NOT STACK. The way for 2 druids to stack is for one to cast Immolate and the other to cast a stinging series.
</td></tr></tbody></table>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://web.archive.org/web/200008221...ds.com/dot.htm
Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
first off i didnt DEMAND anything. So no need to take some superior tone. Nor do I come in posting unarmed or uninformed. I'm not saying I'm never wrong. But what I found backs up my premise that the dots were intended to stack as they were previous to yesterday on this server.

I'm fairly sure I'm correct when i say that creeping crud and drones of doom stacked on sony's live servers. I played a druid in live and they stacked. All the old posts that I found on the two spells asking if they stacked say the same thing...yes.

Every other dot was stackable so that your two highest magic dots, plus one fire dot stacked. ie:

drones and stinging swarm were of one line; drifting death and creeping crud were of a different line.

A post from 2006 at url: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=665

"Ev every little bit helps drones of doom + Drifting death + Firey swarm =250ish damage a tick. Add that to you am3 eq damage with druzzils composite bow.

Another post and it's url: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=259

"Yes...it stacks with CC
Ranger 65 season
Evernoob 300"

Your list of patches in that one link says nothing about single pc's dot stacking - nothing at all. The only thing it speaks to with dot stacking is multiple persons of the same class. The EQ druids post I can't explain except to say that i believe they were wrong. It does not jive with the posts above nor my experience.
Your links show posts from 2006 and 2005, both are when game mechanics of EQ have been changed left and right.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know you're posting links from 6-7 years after classic, right? Could it be possible that game mechanics kinda changed over that timeframe?

There are other links in this thread that show that the DoT stacking mechanic was changed TO the way you remember it (and are arguing for here) back in 2002. Which was the Luclin expansion.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Default posting links

This link from luclin does not mean what you are reading into it. I was there when that change came out. Previous to that if there were two druids in a group their dots didnt stack at all, as with two necros or two shaman. Naturally those classes felt their dps was non-existant in a raid. So the change was to allow druid A's drones to stack with druid B's drones. Two of the exact same spell. That has nothing to do with two spells of different lines stacking solo.

The point you are not getting is that Creeping Crud is NOT the same spell line as Drones of doom. The fact that 2/3 of a druids dots are magic/conjuration based is confusing people into thinking they are all the same line, when in fact they are not.

Again, that post from eqdruids or wherever...it's just plain wrong.
Last edited by williestargell; 03-08-2011 at 11:54 PM..
Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

*cough*

Quote:
After extensive research from multiple classes, EQDruids has decided that we are most DoT friendly with other classes.

Druids can stack with themselves ONE of each section
Stinging Series: Stinging Swarm, Creeping Crud, Drones of Doom, Drifting Death
Flamelick Series :Flamelick, Immolate
(ie Immolate and Crud stack - Stinging and Crud DO NOT)
So far the Stinging Swarm, etc series stack 100% with all the Necromancer, Enchanter, and Shaman lines of all levels.
If you find a stack combination that DOES NOT work please email us.

Breath of Ro stacks with Stinging Series and Immolate Series

Winged Death stacks with Breath of Ro, Stinging Series, and Immolate Series

At Level 53, Immolate, Drifting Death, Breath of Ro, and Winged Death Stack.

Note that 2 druids casting a stinging series DOES NOT STACK. The way for 2 druids to stack is for one to cast Immolate and the other to cast a stinging series.

EQDruids thanks all of its players and contributors to making this the most complete druid resource on the web!

Back to EQ Druids Homepage
This page was last modified June 06, 2000 Hit Counter since May 04, 1999
Shows that it was like what? 3 months after kunark release and still not velious?

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

you're taking that eq druids page as if it was start of eq?

it's listing spells on there that are above level 50? obviously post kunark.

it lists spells unavailable even during kunark. please don't try to say that was the state of the game on day one.

/cough

oh and
"Breath of Ro stacks with Stinging Series and Immolate Series"

NOT, another mistake on that page as Breath of Ro is the upgrade to Immolate. they did not stack.
Last edited by williestargell; 03-09-2011 at 12:06 AM..
Old 03-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Developer

Quote:
you're taking that eq druids page as if it was start of eq?

it's listing spells on there that are above level 50? obviously post kunark.

it lists spells unavailable even during kunark. please don't try to say that was the state of the game on day one.

/cough

oh and
"Breath of Ro stacks with Stinging Series and Immolate Series"

NOT, another mistake on that page as Breath of Ro is the upgrade to Immolate. they did not stack.
DoT Stacking is staying. Get over it.

You know that you are kind of annoying?

H
Closed Thread