Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyDru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to get some of the communities thoughts on the most efficient ways of camping mobs with several day spawn times.

Context:
I'm coming up on the last few drops for Enchanter epic (2-4 days) in Neriak and Cabilis. Trying to come up with efficient methods of camping these. I considered turning my twitch stream on while I am at work so I can check on it periodically.

The only issue with this is I don't think it'll kick my login at home off if I log in from my laptop at work. It'll just give me the "You already have a character logged in" message.

How do you combat this bottleneck for quests?
1.) Make a level 1 character and put him at either spawn. Keep him logged in 24/7
2.) Set up GINA triggers that say something like "Verina Tomb begins to cast a spell"
3.) Do something else other than EQ for the next few weeks
4.) When you hear the GINA triggers go off, RUN to your computer and assemble a small force ASAP to kill them

I don't have the ability to play at work, and this is how I got both VT and VD (when they were on 2-7 day timers).

P.S. Isn't VD still a 2-7 day spawn?
Old 05-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.) Make a level 1 character and put him at either spawn. Keep him logged in 24/7
2.) Set up GINA triggers that say something like "Verina Tomb begins to cast a spell"
4.) When you hear the GINA triggers go off, RUN to your computer and assemble a small force ASAP to kill them

I don't have the ability to play at work, and this is how I got both VT and VD (when they were on 2-7 day timers).

P.S. Isn't VD still a 2-7 day spawn?
If I made a separate account and camped it there when I wasn't actually at home and logged into my Enc from my laptop (at work or on the go) Would that break the "2 box" rule? Seems grey area.. Since I'm technically not playing on the same IP.

I thought spawn times for both were changed to 2-4 days. Maybe it was only Verina.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

You could always set up a remote connection to your pc at home so you could just control your home pc from work if need be. That way you won’t get the log in issues
Old 05-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

You can stream on hitbox or something else that no one watches. You can remote connect with PARSEC or login at work. You can boot yourself most times by logging in to your ISP account and clicking reset router (works for spectrum at least)

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-01-2019, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drozlin and Verena are fairly easy mobs as epic mobs go (just need a competent force of mid 50s or 60s), the problem has always been mobilizing that force within an hour or two of their spawn.

That requires a halfway active guild or friends that cares about you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VT can actually be solo'd, or you can duo her with a cleric.

VD is a little rougher but still doable, although that time a full group of guildies showed up before I was even in zone and had him at like half health [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also everyone should check out the rules clarification thread where someone has posted a screenshot of a Senior Guide saying these are camps, not FTEs.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take a vacation and never sleep. Do meth to stay awake the entire window.
Funny - thats exactly how brad envisioned it
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:37 PM
Sarnak

Take Friday or Monday off and do sock weekend. Have a friend camp the spot while you’re at work during the week or as suggested camp on vacation.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Fire Giant

> hey man how was your weekend? I went to the Beach with my friends and had some beers, you?

I stared unblinking at a virtual sewer pipe for 72 hours in hopes of winning a mystical curio so that my elf could become slightly more powerful until he gets deleted in a few months
Old 05-02-2019, 02:01 AM
Kobold

Just imagine now having to live through Stormfeather 3rd skip.

TWICE.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much this. I would let your friends or guidies know you are socking. See if they could park a high level alt near them incase of spawn.

They also respawn on quake. Could bind and try to be one of the first of 10 others gating to tag first lol

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Closed Thread