Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

For an EQ competition, I think an EQ theme would be sweet...still hammering out some ideas for mine, yowl gonna be dazzled.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

I want to see the best possible songs, not necessarily EQ songs. How is someone supposed to demonstrate an EQ theme in an instrumental piece? I think it's an unfair restriction.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Alot of places in EQ is devoid of any music(Kunark comes to mind), if someone made instrumental themes that fit-in along with the original compositions, I'd love to hear it - maybe it's time to re-visit FastTracker2 or something.

This is a cool EQ "music related" video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPAWonPuSrA
Old 11-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to see the best possible songs, not necessarily EQ songs. How is someone supposed to demonstrate an EQ theme in an instrumental piece? I think it's an unfair restriction.
It can be done with a modicum of creativity. There are enough unique melodies in the game that could be sampled and made into something that's recognizable but not a complete vanilla sample. If I had way more time available to me I'd be into submitting something. I have the required equipment, but I don't have time to produce fresh piano/midi, violin, and percussion tracks. I like this idea, though.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Kobold

i will absolutely rek this competition
Old 11-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Banned

Phil Collins - EC Lover

just change the words so it's about an EC tunnel prostitute

step 2

$$ profit $$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJ2Vh_e2dQ

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

I play some guitar and would participate but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to actually making a song - creating the drum track, bass track, mixing it all together, etc.

What would you, guys, who are into it, recommend? I used Fasttracker 2 (and ST3) *way back* and also played abit with Audacity, so I'm not totally clueless.

I'd like to record my voice, play electric and/or acoustic guitar, then compose bass track and drum track on the computer and mix it all together.

Windows or Linux software would be goog.

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Just to add... Audacity was good to actually mix tracks, BUT, didn't allow me to compose drum or bass tracks (or synth or whatever), so I'm stuck with whatever sounds I can physically produce.

I tried Ardour (Linux DAW) but it appeared that it would take me years to learn this software. Is there anything as simple / quick to get ahold of as Fasttracker 2 back in the days?

Cheers
Old 11-06-2015, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TK- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are enough unique melodies in the game that could be sampled and made into something that's recognizable but not a complete vanilla sample.
I don't want people to have to do this. I'm ditching the EQ theme. I'm sure it will be looked upon favorably but it's not required - too limiting.

Also considering maybe a panel of pals for judges.

Glitter of course because she's a saint. Definitely gotta get Colgate on the panel since he's usually at a music festival when he's not on EQ. Yulath should be there to make sure the track is hot enough for hell, but he may be entering so I dunno. Should probably get Gongshow and Letsjoe on there for the jam appreciation. Weta should be involved too to bring in another member of the Faygo constituency.

As far as recording goes - when I did a small amount of recording and editing years ago, I used Adobe Audition. I found it to be a mostly intuitive program as a tech savvy beginner and was able to figure out just about everything with google. I pirated it but you could probably use it legit real cheap if it's included in one of those Adobe online subscriptions. I plug my electric guitar into my computer using a Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum Pro card and front-of-computer hub that includes 1/4 inch jacks. Native Instruments Guitar Rig is great for real time effects and it can be used within Adobe Audition to process effects. Guitar Rig makes me sound WAY better than I am on guitar. I figured out how to record stuff at half speed and speed it up to normal to preserve the pitch which also made me sound way better than I was when I was recording stuff 6-8 years ago. Here's a few examples.

The opening to Megaman 3 Suite I arranged for 2 electric guitars, bass, and drums. I found a utility on the internet that would convert midi files to shitty wav files - I used those for the bass and drums on this clip - http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/gay.mp3

On this little Zelda clip you can really hear the benefits of the speed up effect - there was no way I could play that backing part full speed 6 years ago; I maybe could now - http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/arps.mp3

Same here for this little Megaman 3 Boss Intro music clip. There's no way I could have played this full speed - http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/quick.mp3

Audition is a pretty sweet program. Give it a try if you're looking for something to do this competition.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want people to have to do this. I'm ditching the EQ theme. I'm sure it will be looked upon favorably but it's not required - too limiting.

Also considering maybe a panel of pals for judges.

Glitter of course because she's a saint. Definitely gotta get Colgate on the panel since he's usually at a music festival when he's not on EQ. Yulath should be there to make sure the track is hot enough for hell, but he may be entering so I dunno. Should probably get Gongshow and Letsjoe on there for the jam appreciation. Weta should be involved too to bring in another member of the Faygo constituency.

As far as recording goes - when I did a small amount of recording and editing years ago, I used Adobe Audition. I found it to be a mostly intuitive program as a tech savvy beginner and was able to figure out just about everything with google. I pirated it but you could probably use it legit real cheap if it's included in one of those Adobe online subscriptions. I plug my electric guitar into my computer using a Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum Pro card and front-of-computer hub that includes 1/4 inch jacks. Native Instruments Guitar Rig is great for real time effects and it can be used within Adobe Audition to process effects. Guitar Rig makes me sound WAY better than I am on guitar. I figured out how to record stuff at half speed and speed it up to normal to preserve the pitch which also made me sound way better than I was when I was recording stuff 6-8 years ago. Here's a few examples.

The opening to Megaman 3 Suite I arranged for 2 electric guitars, bass, and drums. I found a utility on the internet that would convert midi files to shitty wav files - I used those for the bass and drums on this clip - http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/gay.mp3

On this little Zelda clip you can really hear the benefits of the speed up effect - there was no way I could play that backing part full speed 6 years ago; I maybe could now - http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/arps.mp3

Same here for this little Megaman 3 Boss Intro music clip. There's no way I could have played this full speed - http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/quick.mp3

Audition is a pretty sweet program. Give it a try if you're looking for something to do this competition.
lol this nerd str8 unemployed fam
Closed Thread