Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 02:20 AM
Banned

Also I did ask in petition if this is working as intended and was told that it is, so party on dude! Good game, fun challenge!
Old 01-24-2020, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Classically, even 20 hours between manastone drops was seen as quite poor. I'm not sure where they're getting the drop rate from here, maybe inferring rates from Magelo and the bilgehunter site that claims any empty evil eye was a manastone? That would put it at 5% I guess. Their choice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is evidence the other way though for around 1 in 8.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=70
Last edited by Dolalin; 01-24-2020 at 02:33 AM..
Old 01-24-2020, 03:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't account shared once. I am still there, just woke up from trying to sleep and getting screen freeze/ LD twice between pops and woken up by my wife. It has been over 53 hours since a drop. I saw 3 drop and go to teal players after the merge. As fucked as it is I have been here for about 80 of the last 86 hours, AT LEAST.
Your wife playing is the same as account sharing.

But its allowed for some reason so do your thing.

54 hours without a single drop is still insane.
Last edited by Hazek; 01-24-2020 at 03:51 AM..
Old 01-24-2020, 04:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

While I agree it sucks that I won't be able to get a Mana Stone because I don't have anyone to account share with, I think account sharing for something like this is allowed because it's some SMALL way to allow players some kind of health break. If nobody account shared, you'd have people actually risking death for pixels here.

As much as we like to call people not willing to spend 50+ hours awake at the keyboard softies who are undeserving of a MS, let's be real. There are human beings on the other side of these screens. Let their husbands or wives or friends relieve them for a 3-hour nap!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I agree it sucks that I won't be able to get a Mana Stone because I don't have anyone to account share with, I think account sharing for something like this is allowed because it's some SMALL way to allow players some kind of health break. If nobody account shared, you'd have people actually risking death for pixels here.

As much as we like to call people not willing to spend 50+ hours awake at the keyboard softies who are undeserving of a MS, let's be real. There are human beings on the other side of these screens. Let their husbands or wives or friends relieve them for a 3-hour nap!
A few hours of sleep versus 15 minute naps or none at all isn't small.

I'll never share my account info and I know at least one person ahead of me would have dropped out by now if it wasn't for that.

That's why they should cap the drop at 24 hours or let you afk if you're not the number one position instead of letting people have an unfair advantage.

And if anyone says, "but you don't have to camp it."

Ok but you don't expect it to be 55+ hours per drop either and once you've been on the list that long you don't want to give up.

Whatever though. Play the game I guess.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah, you're right. My friend and I sat next to each other and took turns playing when we were kids and I guess I never thought of it as account sharing when you're in the same house the same way as I think if it in today's terms.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, you're right. My friend and I sat next to each other and took turns playing when we were kids and I guess I never thought of it as account sharing when you're in the same house the same way as I think if it in today's terms.
I mean I don't blame you for doing it.

Its just one way to make the camp bearable with less risk of dying.

I just think there's better solutions and wish they would adopt them.

Either way makes no difference. Devs must have their reasons and i'm not mad at them.

Just wish it would drop already. I'm patient but 50 hours for one??

Force a drop, push a button, something lol. Damn. GM trade it even.

Have some mercy.

Starting to feel like its some CIA experiment. "How far will the nerds go for a manastone. Only time will tell -- Stop it John you're going to kill em! NO! Keep it going!"
Last edited by Hazek; 01-24-2020 at 05:16 AM..
Old 01-24-2020, 05:17 AM
Fire Giant

Still 1 drake?
Old 01-24-2020, 05:19 AM
Banned

Yep, feeling pretty decent. Gotta stay hopeful.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yep, feeling pretty decent. Gotta stay hopeful.
It’s gotta drop sometime.. don’t give up or fall asleep!