Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think long and hard, take all the time you need, and try to come up how that one sentence allows you to kill the baby in your womb.
The womb is generally regarded as a private area, as settled in Birds v. Bees
Old 10-13-2020, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
libertarians generally deny that merely receiving a benefit suffices to justify enforceable requirements to pay

I think people should think hard about supporting a philosophy which posits that forcing people to pay for police protection is unjustifiable coercion.
Replace police with say, the BBC license fee and that position takes on a favorable aspect.
I'm not advocating libertarianism--my simplistic gut take is that it requires a higher IQ parity than humanity demonstrates and is therefore political philosophic wankery. I prefer my governing systems to pay at least lip service to protecting the stupid from the amoral.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Republicans and Evangelicals don't care about human life. They just want other people to have sex by their rules. Abortion should be a conversation between the woman and her doctor. Anyone else is just invading her private decisions and forcing their morality and religion on her.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else is just invading her private decisions and forcing their morality and religion on her.
The irony here is amazing. Her decisions affect the living creature in her womb, the father and herself.

Also you’re advocating killing tiny humans and waving the morality flag, it’s astounding the leap of ignorance that takes. The left is the one forcing its ideas on the country. Redefining terms at breakneck speeds. Racism, marriage these no longer means what they truly mean. Men and women are social constructs, it’s pure lunacy. Now packing the court is being defined as appointing judges just like all other presidents have done in the past.

The left continues to not like what America was founded on. They champion ideas that have failed across the globe for ages. They carry with them a childish view of humanity and fail to apply common sense to their policies.

Make no mistake the Left is trying to rip the heart and soul out of the greatest force of global well-being in our species history. Vote R
Old 10-13-2020, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Republicans and Evangelicals don't care about human life. They just want other people to have sex by their rules. Abortion should be a conversation between the woman and her doctor. Anyone else is just invading her private decisions and forcing their morality and religion on her.
If a fetus is a person, they can be found in unlawful detainer and be given the ol' bums rush.

Such is Libertarianism.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Wait a minute let me get this straight you say that the Democrats are trying to use the Scotus to legislate and now we're all posting about how abortion is wrong implying you want the Scotus to make it so it can’t be done?

So as someone who doesn’t like either political party I feel like the right is packing the court to legislate. The court will need 11 judges so america doesn’t legislate with the Scotus.

The question isn’t do you like abortion the question is do you want legislation coming from the Scotus because you made it clear that the left does that, but using the Scotus to repeal row versus Wade is literately that.

Can you find me an example where the Scotus is used to create legislation that is pro liberal or leftist? I’m just curious because I really don’t know do you do you guys have any examples of that?

Row versus Wade is not leftist, it’s Anti-federalist.

It seems the only one trying to create legislation’s are the ones that are trying to use Scotus to encourage evangelicals that desperately want that, to vote for them.

For the record I’m pro life I think that life begins the moment a child would be born if you were to live your life normally and do nothing to stop it.

If a mother eats and sleeps for nine months a baby comes out of them the only way a baby won’t come out of them is if they actively do something to kill the baby.

But that’s totally my opinion that I only tell my friends I don’t think that that’s an opinion that I should force on anyone!

I get that it seems similar to me allowing murder but I’m sorry if you think those two things are the same then we might as well force masks because that also saves lives.

So I don’t see how you could be pro protecting a fetus but not pro protecting people that are vulnerable to Covid.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-13-2020 at 12:43 PM..
Old 10-13-2020, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s an obvious move to pack the courts with legislate from the bench liberal judges. The Right does not legislate from the bench the same way the left does. The left sees the SCOTUS, as another branch to legislate from. The right sees it as a way to protect the tenants of the constitution.
Quote:
The Republicans are trying to appoint judges that respect the sanctity of human life and also very importantly follow the intent and the words of the Constitution, whereas the Democrats like to appoint judges that allow people to murder other human beings in the name of 'privacy' [the constitutional right to privacy]
Like this post 100% contradicts your post FS, but you said, that BB "gets it"

This is why I dont get it.

Again, im pro life, just pro constitution as well, and in this instance the democrats are the ones protecting it. The conversation isnt about your moral stance on abortion, its about if you think the scotus should legislate or not.

This proves that you need democrats and republicans to fight for the constitution, it proves that we need a balanced number of judges, not a court packed with one ideology that thinks it's protecting the sanctity of life.

If one political party, packs the court with their ideology, we need balance, we need the other side. Otherwise, legislating is exactly what you're trying to do.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-13-2020 at 01:09 PM..
Old 10-13-2020, 01:09 PM
Banned

Righties appoint to uphold the Constitution. Lefties appoint to make laws they can’t get passed via legislation.

The 14th amendment states ”... nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

The right to life is in the constitution. As Bellamy said, privacy isn’t in the constitution, which is the backbone of RvW.

The left is eroding the constitution, along with the executive branch power creep.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Righties appoint to uphold the Constitution. Lefties appoint to make laws they can’t get passed via legislation.
Quote:
The Republicans are trying to appoint judges that respect the sanctity of human life
Quote:
BlackBellamy gets it.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Banned

The sanctity of life is in the 14th amendment. Meaning it was already a thing, changing that is legislating against the Constitution. So there or the judges who vow to uphold that are not changing laws they are upholding existing virtues that this country was founded on.
Closed Thread