Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Fire Giant

Default Gearing up a Wizard

If I were to dump all my PPs into my Wizard as to make it my "main" or something is there anything specific I am missing that could make her stronger?

I know "twinking" is not really all that useful on a INT caster but you never know...

So far I do have:
- Jboots
- Temp Flux Staff
- Solist Icy Wand
- a GCD refresher (kromzek scope)

Then I'm pretty much in cloth or slightly better, with some low value entry jewelry.

My wizard is a level 31 dark elf. I like to solo but I duo/trio a lot. Don't mind to full group even tho it is not where wizards shine the most.

Let's say I'd want to dump 5-10kpp on her, hat would be the most helpful to get?
- as much INT I can get?
- as much +MP I can get?
- as much +HP I can get?
- more STA or AC?
- more Resists?
- any other Clicky I am missing?
- Consumables like potions and such?

My short term goal would be to get to level 52 and then try to somehow get to a classic dragon raid at some point. Or not whatever this is not the point of this topic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i am interested in seeing if you have any other suggestions for wizard gear that I am missing !

Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely go for INT until you're soft capped at 200. Then some hp/mp won't hurt. Though it makes carrying stuff a burden, http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Platinum_Fire_Ring is great for all three stats, if you've chosen so ro as your religion.

If you can get some friends to help camp it, the Peggy Cloak will make a huge difference in movement, it's as useful as jboots imo.

Don't buy em, because they're easy to camp, but serpent blood potions are pretty useful for those times when your kite catches up.

Don't forget to save some plat for spells.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

At low level, which you have passed, lost staff of the scorned is helpful to boost your DPS.

If facetanknukespamming, it still can have a role, but really starts to shine again in the forties (mana free clicky group port in a safe location outside vendors/banks and a zone away from EC).

Even better than the Lost Staff of the Scorned is the Amulet of Planar Transference, which is instant cast, but requires recharging at 60pp a pop.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

At your level and at your budget the best bang for your buck is going to be jewelry. +INT is good until you hit softcap of 200 but also keep in mind that the mana per INT point scales up as you level. You are going to get way more returns from pure +MP and +HP and the items will still be good in your 50s. Also buy a Froglok Bonecasters Robe if you can, you can hustle ports for a little bit and easily afford one.

I like the pairing of Golden Black Sapphire earring and Black Sapphire electrum earring for balanced +HP and +MP. You can buy a Black Sapphire necklace for another nice HP and MP gain (metal depending on budget) The Velium Blue Diamond bracelet has great pure mana and awesome saves, if that's out of your budget Golden Jaded Bracelets are a great option. You can buy Fire Wedding, Jacinth, and Diamond rings and swap them out depending on when you need HP, pure MR, or balanced saves. For your purposes a pair of Velium Jade rings would be excellent (+HP and MP) and you can get better rings as your budget permits.

To answer your initial question, ideally you want to prioritize pure +MP and +HP over INT and STA while you're leveling. You can get all the pure HP and MP gear you need from jewelry. Get your levels then join a guild where you can get some Planar and Velious gear in your 50s which will have +INT and also HP and resists.

On 5-10kpp you can in no way "twink" a Wiz but its definitely enough money to get plenty of bang-for-your buck gear to get you through your levels quite nicely if you buy the right gear.

<The A-Team>
Old 12-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you all for your answers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well ok not the "Bard PL" one, I'd rather uninstall the game hehe. But I guess you were still semi-serious, but it's not my game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unfortunately, I picked Agnostic on character creation... a big mistake that I regret today; should have been Sol To or at least Innoruuk for sure! If anyone planing to start a Wizard is reading this don't pick the "safe agnostic" you don't need it and you will miss some nice items [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I like that froglok robe nice stat indeed thanks! I'll also try to get my hands on a Nek Portal Staff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Then I think I'll aim for MP, HP and Resist while trying to up my INT on the way. Mainly with jewelry indeed as I think I'm wearing crap right now.

Didn't know about the serpent blood potion, I'll try to go farm some at some point! Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Buy a set of netted kelp and look badass
Closed Thread