Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 09:03 AM
Kobold

If people actually enjoyed PVP in EQ The red server would have more than 10 people on it. Bad ideas.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- DoT damage ticks displayed in the chat box
- Two hotbars
- Shadows
- Advanced Lighting
- Modern water and skybox
- Completing quests that were unfinished in Velious
Good post OP.
I say yes to all of this.
And pretty much no to everything else in this thread.

My only egotistical exception would be the SK/Pal/Ranger for Gnome/Halfling. But honestly I would maybe Nay myself even on these for consistancy's sake.

But your 6 suggestions are really spot on for non-breaking tiny QoL features that Blue could definitely support.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good post OP.
I say yes to all of this.
And pretty much no to everything else in this thread.

My only egotistical exception would be the SK/Pal/Ranger for Gnome/Halfling. But honestly I would maybe Nay myself even on these for consistancy's sake.

But your 6 suggestions are really spot on for non-breaking tiny QoL features that Blue could definitely support.
We need those Gnome SKS for ultimate solo build with 40% clicky haste
Old 09-25-2020, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Oh I'd play the shit out of them for sure don't get me wrong. But classic is classic, blablabla. However OP's suggestions wouldn't change the spirit of the project at all. Maybe just the "complete the quests" part that is borderline.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:49 AM
Sarnak

For any of the solutions or changes you guys want, you have to abuse something to such an extent that the devs will be forced to change the way something works to what you want it to be.

That's the only time they ever really back down. When enough people get toxic enough that they finally just say "ENOUGH" and then send everyone to bed without dessert.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, sure.

Been on live in the last 15 years? Bazar is a ghost town, economy is dead, it's boring af.

EC on P99 is fun and is a whole meta on its own.
Bazaar is fill of traders and buyers on Live, and the wheels of the economy are still turning.

A krono isn't 2million platinum for no reason, chum.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bazaar is fill of traders and buyers on Live
Bazaar is full of BOTS on live. Not my idea of a fun and thriving place.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

devs dont give a fucking fuck about blue/red

Every change they have made post final velious patch has fucked over something on blue.

These guys need to decide what their plan is and stick to it. QOL on blue is totally fucked. Pathing? Dots? Click recharges? dynamic lighting, it goes on.

Why do we on blue have to pay the price for the epic abortion afterbirth mess that is Green?

Theres tons of great ideas in this thread and others. You devs need to abandon the myth that at the end of the green run that the playerbase will be copied/pasted to blue and restart green. You *might* restart green, but the existing playerbase will revolt and quit if you attempt to remove them from the server they grew to love. Green 2.0 numbers will be embarassing. Your idea about "merging" green to blue is a pipe dream at best.

So put on your reality hats and just step up and admit that blue is a totally different world from green, stop fucking over blue and make real QOL adjustments.

Like it or not, talk shit all you want, blue is still and will remain the heart of P99
Old 09-27-2020, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Reality hats?
Old 09-27-2020, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
devs dont give a fucking fuck about blue/red

Every change they have made post final velious patch has fucked over something on blue.

These guys need to decide what their plan is and stick to it. QOL on blue is totally fucked. Pathing? Dots? Click recharges? dynamic lighting, it goes on.

Why do we on blue have to pay the price for the epic abortion afterbirth mess that is Green?

Theres tons of great ideas in this thread and others. You devs need to abandon the myth that at the end of the green run that the playerbase will be copied/pasted to blue and restart green. You *might* restart green, but the existing playerbase will revolt and quit if you attempt to remove them from the server they grew to love. Green 2.0 numbers will be embarassing. Your idea about "merging" green to blue is a pipe dream at best.

So put on your reality hats and just step up and admit that blue is a totally different world from green, stop fucking over blue and make real QOL adjustments.

Like it or not, talk shit all you want, blue is still and will remain the heart of P99
To be honest, I agree with all of this.

In fact, I think the devs dropped the ball by removing those QoL features because of Green. It would have been just-as-easy to implement those changes on a green-only .zip, and players could install the patch on a separate titanium installation directly for when they want to play Green. (Think retail vs. classic WoW)
Closed Thread