Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 10-25-2020, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

Wipe it clean 2020
Old 10-25-2020, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe feelings were hurt at some point, Rogean and crew does a wonderful job of hosting these, i could only imagine the amount of flaming and drama some of these nerds put into their petitionquest.

Me being one of the longest remaining pvp champs of this community has in total maybe 4 petitions in over 10 years of gameplay on a pvp server. If everyone could be as amazing as myself there wouldn't be any hurt feeling but too many of you spend hours writing essays about how you are the right and others are wrong about what happened in the elf simulator and that most likely burnt the staff the fuck out and they decided to let us all rot on this deadbox.

That being said they sort of brought it upon themselves trying to enforce rules they had no way to enforce, new server would preferably have "no rules" except the obvious no MQ2 or KringeHax.

Elfsim narcissism aside, it would be cool if they put up a new pvp server during corona because there sure as hell ain't no good games out there in the mmorpg pvp genre at this point and it's pretty bleak if you ask me. Maybe AoC could be something but i feel like that game is very far away.
I feel like Smedy gets it. The community is toxic without even trying. You need a thick skin and some real resolve. P99 has the resolve but not the thick skin - I would say it's akin to their ruleset which was probably Smedy's keenest point here. I had a lot of fun on red but probably my largest grievance was sporadic and uneven enforcement of unnecessary rules.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Old 10-31-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

i think, and maybe its from the degrees of separation I've had playing over the last 5+ years, that Rogean and crew do not give a fuck if a new server had more population than the current one. But I would be hype if they did a 'green' pvp that eventually merged post velious patch like they are doing with green.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like Smedy gets it. The community is toxic without even trying. You need a thick skin and some real resolve. P99 has the resolve but not the thick skin - I would say it's akin to their ruleset which was probably Smedy's keenest point here. I had a lot of fun on red but probably my largest grievance was sporadic and uneven enforcement of unnecessary rules.
Yup. I petitioned 1 person on the forums, and 1 person in game.

Hivemind a twink bard because he was dispelling CCs on out of range groups just to wipe them. Stupid grief shit that had nothing to do with PvP.

And some guy who KSed a stormfeather on some level 45 monk I had at server reboot with his oor chanter or something then made up a bunch of shit how I was spamming him hate tells or some shit.. I had screen shots of him calling his own guild toxic because he was worried I was going to get him banned. He ended up giving me 20k worth of shit or something. Forget the guys' name now, think he used to just afk on his rogue at raids and wait till dragons were pulled to ent to get dkp.

I had a casual convo with one of the GMs and they said red has about the same volume of petitions as blue but is 10percent of the server. Makes you wonder who the fuck is doing all those petitions besides the obvious players like Tune etc.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Petition quest on red99
Old 11-02-2020, 03:56 AM
Sarnak

Old 11-05-2020, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Bump
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

been having a great time on red since joining... Seriously, I see no toxicity in my day to day shenanigans here. I see smack talking sometimes, but its super fun to read. Getting to that level now where I expect to see some more pvp action, i'm excited!

But I ask questions, people politely answer. People have grouped with me, and people LFG.. Thanks to andain who gave me this big druid stick to hit things with! Thanks for getting me started duder!! Oh and thanks to Grains and bubbe for bein my first homies here!
Old 11-05-2020, 05:27 PM
Kobold

=/