Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-04-2015, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

Question Nvidia Video Card not being detected

Hello everyone,

I spent time googling and using the search tab here on the site before I posted this, but still can't seem to find a post about this issue, so here it goes.

I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 760M on my computer, and also a Intel HD Graphics 4600 integrated. In my nvidia control panel, I have eqgame.exe set to play on my GeForce. But when I load into game, and click options, the only available video card to chooseis my intel HD. in game my graphics are usually okay, but sometimes with my spells at max and a lot going on, it does certainly slow down.

I could of course turn my settings down a bit, but I have a very nice laptop and love playing with everything turned up because back in the day my potato of a computer couldnt handle spell graphics.

Additionally, I have made sure to run eqgame.exe in Windows XP SP2 compatibility version, and have it run as administrator.

When I have EQ loaded and I check the processes running on my nvidia GPU, it does not show up, so it is definitely running off my integrated card. Not sure how to make it detect my geforce.

Is there anything I am missing in order to have it detect and run on my nvidia card?

Thank you for the help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone,

I spent time googling and using the search tab here on the site before I posted this, but still can't seem to find a post about this issue, so here it goes.

I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 760M on my computer, and also a Intel HD Graphics 4600 integrated. In my nvidia control panel, I have eqgame.exe set to play on my GeForce. But when I load into game, and click options, the only available video card to chooseis my intel HD. in game my graphics are usually okay, but sometimes with my spells at max and a lot going on, it does certainly slow down.

I could of course turn my settings down a bit, but I have a very nice laptop and love playing with everything turned up because back in the day my potato of a computer couldnt handle spell graphics.

Additionally, I have made sure to run eqgame.exe in Windows XP SP2 compatibility version, and have it run as administrator.

When I have EQ loaded and I check the processes running on my nvidia GPU, it does not show up, so it is definitely running off my integrated card. Not sure how to make it detect my geforce.

Is there anything I am missing in order to have it detect and run on my nvidia card?

Thank you for the help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume this is a laptop. It may not be showing because the game may have an issue with certain mobility cards and default to your on-board video. I had an Alienware laptop for some years, with dual ATI mobility cards. They took a special driver. I had a hell of a time with several different games because they were not compatible or did not recognize the mobility driver.
Rahvan
Last edited by TheBlackSheep; 02-04-2015 at 10:59 AM..
Old 05-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Aviak

any update on this?

i have a 960m with my new asus rog and EQ is not picking it up
Old 05-25-2015, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Right click on the Eq Launcher and from the context menu select the 'run with this graphics card' and then select your default card you want to use.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Large Bat

I had this happen to me today, made all my models invisible. To fix it I just needed to update my GeForce drivers.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:50 AM
Large Bat

How did you guys fix this. I play on other emulated servers where boxing is allowed (gasp) and intel hd doesnt run multiple copes well even with fps limited/graphics on low.
Last edited by Pkewanay; 09-30-2015 at 01:52 AM..
Old 11-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Skeleton

I'd like to bump this again.. have a 950M that wont' seem to kick over.. on Windows 10. I've tried telling it to run on the card with right click on the launch icon, and setting up the card to be used on the Nvidia control panel. Still won't quit the integrated graphics!

/blargh!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...nfraWorks.html

That is what fixed my laptop. Do not deviate. Follow that entirely.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

I understand what you said about setting the card up in the control panel, but you need to make sure it's done right or the settings don't actually take. Also, you can set it up where your card will be used for a single game, maybe that is what you did.

You need to make sure your card, 950M is used ALL the time, NOT just for gaming. This can be set in the NVIDIA control panel.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand what you said about setting the card up in the control panel, but you need to make sure it's done right or the settings don't actually take. Also, you can set it up where your card will be used for a single game, maybe that is what you did.

You need to make sure your card, 950M is used ALL the time, NOT just for gaming. This can be set in the NVIDIA control panel.
I am just now having this problem with a new gaming laptop, Dell i7559. What you suggest does not seem to work. When I launch EQ it stalls and I don't even get to the very first screen.

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? The problem is that I can't run p1999 on my Nvidia 950m. I've tried installing Directx 9c on top of Windows 10, but that doesn't help.