Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 05:09 AM
Sarnak

Default Iksar SK, Warrior, or Necro? Give me your opinions!

Hello all,

I am beginning to work on an alt. My retired main was an Iksar Monk, and I really enjoy the race. I have always been a proponent of "play what you want" and I especially feel this way after leveling my cleric as a halfling, but ultimately wishing I had made him a gnome. Now that my two main characters are in their mid 50s, I want to work on an alt that I can play while relaxing and without as much as investment/time sink as a 50+ character.

I do not want to make the same mistake, and after considering my next alt options I think I would like to make a tank or Necro.

Iksar Warrior sounds great , but thinking about rep work for banking (I don't even know where to start) seems like it is an investment. SK on the other hand with circlet of shadows and FD for banking seems much more practical, but also the penalty for Iksar SK is pure pain. Not sure when SK penalty falls off, or if I should just make an Ikky War!

Lastly, I do have a 24 Iksar Necro whom I enjoy and is certainly powerful, but I'm not sure how I feel about a lot of soloing and not being in high demand for groups. I really enjoy grouping with people for my time in game.

I'm not asking for a solid answer, as it is ultimately up to my own preference, but I am trying to get some informed opinions on the three routes and get a general idea from players who may have experience with any of the possible alt choices.

Iksar War - Iksar SK - Iksar Necro?

Also, any other unique combos could also be considered. Wood elf War, evil human war...gnome war! Let's hear it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks !!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Don't see many wood elf, gnome, or dark elf warriors around.

Iksar warrior would be cool (regen, bonus AC), but in general, warriors can be rather frustrating to play at times. You lack options in general for a lot of things (no easy invis for travel, no feign death, or spells for utility). Aggro and threat management can be rough as well, even in decent groups (having to rely on taunt, procs, and clickables to keep aggro), and you end up being almost entirely group dependent to get anything meaningful done. The gear dependency is also rough, unless you're rolling dirty in platinum.

SKs (and paladins) are a lot of fun, but the exp penalty does suck pretty hard at the moment. Much easier to tank and get around places as an SK when compared to a warrior. An Iksar SK would be cool (Greenmist, Dreadscale Armor, etc), but it would be rough to get over the KoS part. I don't see many Iksar SKs around in 50's.

I don't really have any advice to give you about Necros. I see a lot of them, so I assume people enjoy them.

As far as unique or rare combos go, I do not see any paladins around all that often, especially Erudite and High Elf paladins. They're a lot of fun to play as well.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 08-31-2015, 06:01 AM
Sarnak

Play your necro till penalty is lifted then go iksar sk to enjoy the group scene.
Ssepticbank - Trader <Azure Guard>
Old 08-31-2015, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Necro is good for when you cannot find a group / need a break from grouping / have limited playtime.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty405 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro is good for when you cannot find a group / need a break from grouping / have limited playtime.
Very true. Thinking that gearing up my Necro a bit and doing the Bard Diet while I'm too busy to invest my full attention is a good option regardless of if I roll an SK or War. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2015, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very true. Thinking that gearing up my Necro a bit and doing the Bard Diet while I'm too busy to invest my full attention is a good option regardless of if I roll an SK or War. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't realize you were Height, this is Tibmit.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty405 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't realize you were Height, this is Tibmit.
Hey Tibmit - it's been a while!
Old 08-31-2015, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

I have both an Iksar SK & Warrior, quite Low Level but, I can see more leverage already from the SK. We're all in this for the long haul so the X.P handicap doesn't bother me.

As you have already stated above, the added utilities of the SK will enable you to go more places & see the sights a little less painfully. Sure it's doable with a Warrior also, but I'd imagine it would take some twinkage.

Having said that I am really enjoying my Wariror too, he's a lot of fun even untwinked & having reread my post this is no help whatsoever, sorry Messie.

Let me know what/who you decide to go with. I should be on as both Bosskk (SK) & Trand (Warrior) this coming week if you fancy grouping up & kicking some butt in the Pit.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

I know an iksar warrior that plays casually, he loves the combo.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have both an Iksar SK & Warrior, quite Low Level but, I can see more leverage already from the SK. We're all in this for the long haul so the X.P handicap doesn't bother me.

As you have already stated above, the added utilities of the SK will enable you to go more places & see the sights a little less painfully. Sure it's doable with a Warrior also, but I'd imagine it would take some twinkage.

Having said that I am really enjoying my Wariror too, he's a lot of fun even untwinked & having reread my post this is no help whatsoever, sorry Messie.

Let me know what/who you decide to go with. I should be on as both Bosskk (SK) & Trand (Warrior) this coming week if you fancy grouping up & kicking some butt in the Pit.

Sounds great. Thanks for the reply ! Add me in game - currently haven't made a new Iksar but I will be on here and there on my other toons. Going to make the new char soon