Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 05:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wouldn't happen on the teal server
was on teal
Old 12-18-2019, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Are you sure? Bad things don't actually occur on teal. Its the utopia server
Old 12-18-2019, 09:14 AM
Fire Giant

That is awful but that’s the way it goes I guess. Imagine how shitty the guy must feel who was afk when his item finally dropped.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is awful but that’s the way it goes I guess. Imagine how shitty the guy must feel who was afk when his item finally dropped.
This is why I hate the /list. It literally removes what made EQ so fun in 1999. This would have never happened on real classic. Grrrrrr. Not the guy's fault who went afk it's the /list's fault. Remove /list and the game will be restored. It's not too late!
Old 12-18-2019, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

This is why the AFK timer needs to be tightened. 2 minute AFK check. Person would have failed the AFK check and then this wouldn't have rotted.

All these people claiming to shower in 5 minutes are lying anyway and just not showering, let them be honest about living in their own filth (or using screen sharing software with friends to camp it).
Old 12-18-2019, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Yo.. I have a new list proposal... everyone on list gets the item when it drops... IE 6 people on list and it drops 6. In order to loot it you have to heal someone killing it or dmg it yourself, as in get flagged for the mob. Add a 6 month lockout. This way you only get 1 per character. Yeah. Problem solved for everyone but that one guy on teal who has listed 4x already and sold 3 bps.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why I hate the /list. It literally removes what made EQ so fun in 1999. This would have never happened on real classic. Grrrrrr. Not the guy's fault who went afk it's the /list's fault. Remove /list and the game will be restored. It's not too late!
As a level 17 who'll never camp any legacy items I have no dog in the fight either way, but if this was the case wouldn't the top guild simply lock up the camp until the items stopped dropping? Not sure that's fun for everyone else.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a level 17 who'll never camp any legacy items I have no dog in the fight either way, but if this was the case wouldn't the top guild simply lock up the camp until the items stopped dropping? Not sure that's fun for everyone else.
Yes if there was no list a few more hardcore players have said they would lock that sh** down so hard that you would have to buy from them if you want X item.

Even with non list camp's I've already found groups of 2-3 players who are working in rotation holding down the spots for a good 12-14 hrs per day.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsY0J5SkQz8
Old 12-18-2019, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes if there was no list a few more hardcore players have said they would lock that sh** down so hard that you would have to buy from them if you want X item.

Even with non list camp's I've already found groups of 2-3 players who are working in rotation holding down the spots for a good 12-14 hrs per day.
Yeah. This is so common. Make all legacy items no drop. Fix this in a heartbeat. #notclassic but it's for the betterment of p99 civilization.
Closed Thread