Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is the superior server, not failed, it's there waiting for more people to play again. People should go there if they don't want to waste so much time and want more excitement, and more opportunity to actually do the content, instead of sitting around at piled-on camps with non-classic rules. Red deserves a better ruleset, but it's still better than playing the braindead PvE servers.

Ideally they merge the current Red into Blue, and start the server over with a better ruleset and not going past Kunark (unless they gonna totally rebalance Velious too, which is definitely not happening).
Two things about red:

1) No matter how many players help you start, there are still players who's only goal is to grief you off the server. You will eventually hit a wall with your character and quit due to lack of viable XP.

2) No matter how much they tell you that dragons are up, dragons are going to stay up because they cannot kill shit. They don't have the numbers or the strats to kill anything in ToV, and Vulak hasn't died in a very long time last I checked.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly considered red at one point, but I was straight up told I wouldn't be able to see any raids there. They're still something I would like to do one day.

I am looking for other options at the moment though. Getting a new computer in a couple of days, so TLP could be something to try, or I could make a fresh start on Red. I just know that Green has become incredibly isolating and depressing. The atmosphere just feels so harsh, prices are ridiculous, everything is dominated and hoarded by select guilds and no one seems to care about one another here.
There are raids on Red, in fact you can raid more there than on any other server. The global /ooc chat provides something to do while you're leveling up or camping an item too, as opposed to the other servers where if you're all alone, then you're just stuck in a single player game (and literally doing nothing but sitting there, when camping an item).
Old 08-31-2021, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are raids on Red, in fact you can raid more there than on any other server. The global /ooc chat provides something to do while you're leveling up or camping an item too, as opposed to the other servers where if you're all alone, then you're just stuck in a single player game (and literally doing nothing but sitting there, when camping an item).
Lol at saying anything on red is better than the other servers. What raids have you done recently besides really easy ones?
Old 08-31-2021, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

I don't understand why bluebie guilds don't make the jump over to red. Fast leveling, and then once everyone is leveled up it'd just be like one big loot piņata with all the raid mobs being up always.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah those same ten unemployed drug addicts in global /ooc every day is so much better than camping solo by yourself on blue or green while your lively and populated guild chat goes on.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two things about red:

1) No matter how many players help you start, there are still players who's only goal is to grief you off the server. You will eventually hit a wall with your character and quit due to lack of viable XP.

2) No matter how much they tell you that dragons are up, dragons are going to stay up because they cannot kill shit. They don't have the numbers or the strats to kill anything in ToV, and Vulak hasn't died in a very long time last I checked.
1.) Not true whatsoever. There is no "lack of viable XP" on red and people aren't trying to grief others off the server. You can level faster on Red than any other server.

2.) North ToV does not equate to the entirety of raiding in EQ. ToV in general is really fucking boring, but obviously if more people joined Red, then the ToV stuff would be getting killed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol at saying anything on red is better than the other servers. What raids have you done recently besides really easy ones?
I don't play EQ at all. But if I did play again, it would be on Red.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
1.) Not true whatsoever. There is no "lack of viable XP" on red and people aren't trying to grief others off the server. You can level faster on Red than any other server.
But is is true; I've been there.

They track you non-stop. You cannot hide behind anon or roleplay because there's a bug that briefly shows your location while you log in or zone, and these people are unrelenting. They tie /who all macros to their movement keys and use gina triggers and bots to catch you out, and when they do, the only choice is to log out.

There's nothing like trying to find an XP spot only to have a 60 druid show up and teleport on top of you and start dotting you.

Or a delevelled rog shows up with a literal raid behind him to keep him buffed and healed and runed so that you cannot even touch him, and his raid is out of level range, so you can't touch them, either.

The griefers are real.

Quote:
2.) North ToV does not equate to the entirety of raiding in EQ. ToV in general is really fucking boring, but obviously if more people joined Red, then the ToV stuff would be getting killed again.
Boring or not is not the metric involved. Successfully killing raid targets is the metric called out, and red has a sever lacking in this.

Quote:
I don't play EQ at all. But if I did play again, it would be on Red.
Oh, that explains why you have no idea what's going on.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:51 PM
Kobold

I tried Red, and it is true you can solo level there very quickly. If you are lucky enough to meet players like Andain you might get powerlevelled and showered with newbie gear as well.

But eventually you get into your 50s and realise the only way to play is to keep pressing /who to stay on alert from being ganked by some rando, and it becomes too annoying so you just quit back to blue where you can actually play the game.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, that's the way of EQ PvP and always has been. No matter what picture these red trolls try to paint (settling disputes outside the UN, more xp, more raid mobs, more dynamic or fun or interesting gameplay) the main thing they all actually like is griefing. Its the primary draw to EQ PvP and it always drives players away. Here on P99 you don't have enough constant playerbase influx like during the height of the live game, so the griefers eventually cull the server's ability to repopulate, resulting in a dead server.

The truly sad thing is that some of these serious red players actually fail to grasp that the real griefing in EQ is in PvP raiding. You can make a guy log off, quit the toon, or even quit the red server. But to really get into full time long term player griefing the Vanquishes and Seal Teams of the world have it mastered.

Take away all the raid loot from the rest of the players week in and week out and you are really winning at EQ players versus players in the most significant way possible. And instead of logging out or quitting the victims keep coming back for more every mob window, every cycle, every week. The pixel lust conditioning remains strong far longer than any link to your PvP server toon can ever keep you logging in for more time getting wreked by gank squads.

But of course this requires a guild effort. Which means organization, infrastructure, leadership, interpersonal communication, intraguild diplomacy (or at least the superficial appearance of it, see the UN), recruiting outreach, public relations, spin, self promotion, etc, etc, etc. And the die hard red squad is far too defective in any of those skillsets and too shortsighted and impatient to develop them. So instead they laud the concepts of direct combat, in maybe the worst example of it for any game in the history of the genre, and act surprised no one wants to join in.

TLDR: Blue servers are the real PvP in EQ and red players are too socially inept to grasp or master that.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why bluebie guilds don't make the jump over to red. Fast leveling, and then once everyone is leveled up it'd just be like one big loot piņata with all the raid mobs being up always.
because of people like you

*cringes*
Closed Thread