Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 03:09 PM
Skeleton

I would love to build a server, but if the P99 team opens a new PvP server...

There just isn't enough time in the day for all my addictions..
Old 10-29-2021, 03:39 PM
Banned

From hearing these descriptions of EQ pvp and comparing to my memories of WoW it doesn’t seem all that bad

WoW 1v1 pvp sounds significantly better than EQ’s but that doesn’t mean that it was balanced either. Some matchups such as war vs mage would go 0/100% at equal skill. And at the very high end with BiS gear SL/SL lock was just too tanky with double voidwalker sacrifice shields (with their talent that lets them instant summon another one)

It sounds like group vs group in EQ was more fair, same as in WoW

And raid vs raid no matter the game is really who can Zerg with more. I haven’t seen a MMO yet that can escape that simple formula. It’s why world pvp games like Shadowbane eventually always ended up with one giant conglomerate of guilds vs another. Little guild vs guild pvp squabbles become irrelevant as soon as one just joins another (and another) to pump up their numbers and auto win

Everyone pooling into two giant conglomerates over time with one eventually winning and dominating seems to be just human nature
Old 11-01-2021, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone pooling into two giant conglomerates over time with one eventually winning and dominating seems to be just human nature
It may or may not be human nature but it's essentially forced by the weird design choices made by the original EQ devs (massive bottlenecks). ST only recently started to be able to kill AoW on a consistent basis. A new PvP server would have maybe half the population of Velious era Green. There's no choice but to conglomerate if you want to do content.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:00 AM
Kobold

Yes, we so need a new Red server because everyone knows how spectacular the first one went..........

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 11-01-2021, 04:20 AM
Fire Giant

The first one never had a chance to be a timeline accurate rollout like Green has been. For the classic, we gotta run it back one more time.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

a lot of people took the bait on this one and it did make me chuckle, however this doesn't change the fact that there should honestly be a pvp server that just wipes after a set time on the timeline. EQ PvP is like every other pvp in a mmo it's unbalanced and messy. But, it really does add a different dynamic to the game that can make it exciting.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Banned

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
Old 11-01-2021, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Nothing personnel, Mr Hi IQ.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:27 PM
Banned

copy pasta
Old 11-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

The only high numbers you have are arrests and BMI
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk