Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Default Mightystrike / stuns/ kick stuns

From what I understand about classic warriors, their critical hits did far less damage then they are doing now. Apparently they do 200% maximum of their normal damage with critical hits, and 400% with crippling blows. I think they were 20% more/ 40% more, respectively, in classic. With AA's their critical and crippling strikes did far more (from what I've heard).

Also, the crippling blows stun every single time they land here. From what I remember it was a remote chance that crippling blows would stun people. With the right weapons, and even lacking haste, this gives the Mightystrike discipline the ability to effectively permanently stun a character from 100% to 0% almost guaranteed.

With the modifier on crippling blows (400%), it's almost an inevitability that the person targeted and disc'ed will die. A warrior at 1% can change the tide of a fight completely against a player that has all but killed him, which I find kind of silly.

As a monk I have to save Voiddance if I'm fighting a warrior. There's no other defense for it.

Also: I'm pretty certain that bashes and stun kicks were a .1 interrupt on live as well. Right now, that's not the case. I have been chain kick stunned 10 feet from a zone line and died from it, because the stuns are lasting for 1 second.

They're the "flavor of the month" right now because they can perma-lock any opposing player with mightystrike and get the kill with ease.

If nothing else, they need to be looked at. They're very, very strong.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

plenty of evidence i'm sure this will be changed asap
Old 03-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Banned

Monk complaining about other classes being OP

Okay
Old 03-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Banned

Use voidance when they hit mighty strike . You win
Old 03-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Fire Giant

Default broken

yea stun lock on mighty strike is hilarious, also the dmg is way too high, I agree , hitting for constant 200s with 1 handers is laughable ,
Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
plenty of evidence i'm sure this will be changed asap
oh a warrior commenting here against it

intredasting

i have no way to research it. im going off of other people/ my memory until it's looked into by a GM. stun-lock is retarded/ was never like that.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:22 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not commenting against it. I'm one of the few who doesn't log in every hour to use it, but if you want something done about it you have to post more than your memory and I was just commenting that you supplied none.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

well its not just warriors that are op, it's monk, warrior, rogue that are op, the pure meeles on project 1999 is far superior to what they ever was on live. Needs to be looked at for sure.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Banned

Everyone knows they hooked up a fat ass melee damage bonus in classic because resists were shit and it was impossible to get anything done with melees so they were basically non-existent.

Remove the fat ass melee bonus, resists aren't dog shit any more.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:26 AM
VIP / Contributor

Re: Melee dmg output, http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...0383&page=2#15

I also remember a number of stuns that are currently 1 second being 0.1 second... there was a bug report about that somewhere too. Enchanter nukes & certain bard songs as well? I will try and dig it up.