Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default Population Improvements

Quote:
Couple things:

1) Event wasn't meant for Azrael alone. My hope was that everyone would band together to fight these mobs, kind of like what guilds did on Rallos Zek to down the sleeper. Unfortunately it didn't work that way, and the Avatar wasn't slain.

2) Three people received items. They were won using /ran. They were not part of the Azrael force - Azrael specifically pointed out they didn't care about/want loot. The small group of ragtag players thrown together to down the second golem got the items.

3) There was such a ridiculous amount of complaining from both sides (people complaining that it was an "azrael only" event that I ran "just to give azrael loot", people complaining the event sucked because <insert reason here>... etc) that I will likely not be running a high level event on red in the future. I took time out of my Friday night to come do something fun for all of you guys, because I wanted to try and bring the server together and maybe mend some wounds that have been festering for far too long. I won't let me naivety get the best of me and make that mistake again.

If Sirken wants to run a high level event like that in the future he can, but I won't be doing so for a long time. I've never heard so much QQ from such a small group of players.

For everyone else that enjoyed/wanted to enjoy the event, I'm sorry that a minority ruined it for the rest of you. I have my breaking point just like anyone else, and tonight I reached that point. It makes it exceedingly difficult to give a single fuck about this community when I spend 3 hours live streaming a very complex and involved encounter only to get shit on from multiple sides - including the side I was trying to help out by bringing the server together. You can call this me being "too sensitive" or w/e you want to chalk it up to, but the bottom line is I put up with a lot of shit from this community, and still wanted to provide a fun experience for everyone to enjoy. After tonight, I'm finding it really hard to care.

Maybe after I sleep on it that perception will change, but for right now, I'm at 0 fucks. Again, if you enjoyed this/wanted to enjoy it/want to enjoy more like it in the future, I'm sorry - you're being "punished" (though not really, since GM events are a privilege anyway) for the actions of others and it's really not fair. But I can only give so much before I'm spent, and I'm way past that point now.

Good luck.
I would like to request some variance and boxing so we can fix these problems please.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Banned

Okay lite.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

C what I did there? The brutal lampooning of our shit for brains community? Did you guys get the joke? I giggled.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Banned

I did see =)
and giggled too.

I just feel sorry for Derubael having to deal with this shit.
It's bad enough playing here (or coming our of retirement in a way).

Could you imagine the poor guys petition inbox?
Last edited by Farzo; 09-06-2014 at 06:34 AM..
Old 09-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Banned

I was there the behavior was v douchey
Old 09-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Kobold

Im honestly trying to not be negative but at this point its more being a realist than negativity.

It becomes glaringly obvious how toxic the community is when you take a break from these forums (OOC and in-game behavior as well), read other gaming forums, play other games, read other stuff on the net and come back here.

Just full on hatred for silly reasons, from alot of people.

Ive never been for boxing but maybe that would solve part of the problem, that some non-toxics could find some enjoyment here on their own until they reach a critical mass, find each other and start an alternative that doesnt like to wallow in its shitty hatred.
Last edited by Heyitsme; 09-06-2014 at 06:38 AM..
Old 09-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

Naw, the community is fine.

Inviting, warm, burgeoning with life.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:53 AM
Banned

I like your wit Buhbuh.

We should start level 1 clerics and show these badboys up
Old 09-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to request some variance and boxing so we can fix these problems please.
man i hope that is sarcasm, both terrible ideas that should never be mentioned again.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Aviak

I was there in the rag tag group that downed the second mob.. I was neutral and buffing everyone ... As soon as I did and pvp ban was lifted I was attacked by the very people that asked buffs.. I agree with deru.. I have met some great people Samwise being the first long ago lol Vae Victus was alot if fun.. But so many people in here are such ass holes that the only pleasure they seem to get is ruining others good time. .

Closed Thread