Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnashingOfTeeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If red is so perfect, why the desperation for new players? You guys sound like you found utopia, go enjoy it.
Trying to let people know in a civil way that there is a better way than sitting at a spawn point for 6-7 hours waiting for a monster only to have that guy give the camp to his friend at the end

Trying to tell people there is a more fun way to arbitrate FTE issues than writing 10 paragraph essays about the exact location of a certain player in reference to the monster spawn location

Trying to tell people that they don't need to feel frustrated that they can never find an open monster on Blue99

Trying to tell people that they don't need to MQ every single quest item that they want, and can actually farm their own items on Red99

Trying to tell people that a majority of players on Red99 are actually more helpful and caring than the hateful and spiteful twinks on Blue99 that won't group with you because you chose the class that you wanted instead of the 'ideal' class

Trying to tell people that the knuckle dragging trolls are only 1% of the server population, and don't represent every player on red99

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These very same people exist on red and pose a whole different issue.
What we are trying to explain to you is that those neckbeards have much, much more control over your play on Blue than they have on Red.

On Red, you would easily play enough to be L60 with the same gear, so a fair fight.

On Blue, they get up at 6AM and get to the camp first, so you are fucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashingofteeth
If red is so perfect, why the desperation for new players? You guys sound like you found utopia, go enjoy it.
I am not saying Red is utopia, and I am not committed to switching.

I think what annoys the people who have played on red is this attitude that if you play on red you will spend 90% of your time at L20 being ganked by teams of twinked PKs exploiting unresistable stun items like Windstriker. Its just not accurate.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Do you even know what civil means?

Because killing someone you disagree with is the antithesis of civil behavior.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Banned

Played end game on both servers

Rolling my eyes at people who've played end game on 1 server
Old 11-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep there's just 200 threads begging for more people to join red so that there's enough for more than 2 guilds on the server.

And no, getting jumped by a full mana wiz when I'm oom isn't fun. Escaping just means I end up giving the camp I'm at away to someone less patient than I am.
Noticing you have some type of phobia of running OOM...just based on your recent posts haha.

In this situation you just 1) do what you would do on blue and find another camp, 2) group in the first place with friends so a single person can't take you out, or 3) find a group of guildies that would help you take down the PK

No fraps, no petition on the forum, no lawyering, just fun

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yep there's just 200 threads begging for more people to join red so that there's enough for more than 2 guilds on the server.

And no, getting jumped by a full mana wiz when I'm oom isn't fun. Escaping just means I end up giving the camp I'm at away to someone less patient than I am.

The problem on blue is neckbeard's who can sit in the same place for 2 months, have no job or anything that leads them to have to leave their house. These very same people exist on red and pose a whole different issue.
People aren't always PvPing here for an expressed purpose, dude. Wizards camp dispel wands on this server, that's about it.

You have an idea in your head of what this server potentially could be at its worst for you.

You leave a zone, the wizard leaves 5 minutes later out of boredom. That's a closer reality on Red.

Once a zone is absent PvP targets, people looking for kills vacate. It's just that simple. They're not always after what you want.

Not to mention, the amount of time you'd spend on blue trying to get these items is significantly higher than on Red. You want to talk about lacking patience? Please. This argument is dead in the water if you think for one second you'd have more luck on blue getting the gear you want within a relatively short time frame.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're out of range of PvP, all of the regular blue server PnP rules apply. Any situation that cannot be resolved through PvP uses the blue server rules. However, any situation that DOES have a PvP option (read: anytime there are players in range of killing each other) must be resolved through PvP. In the past, level 60's could come up and steal your camp/kill any time they wanted. This can't happen anymore, as you are protected under the PnP unless you're in range with that player.
You might want to go talk to Rutroh on red about a recent experience involving pained soul. He was told something different.

BUT! PnP is enforced, people will get burned for corpse camping you if you call LNS.

Pras Derubael.
Last edited by Nirgon; 11-14-2014 at 03:59 PM..
Old 11-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Do you even know what civil means?

Because killing someone you disagree with is the antithesis of civil behavior.
It would appear he does. He's talking about on the forums, not in game.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

^Yes, that camp in particular seems to be an issue. People should petition if problems arise.

I'm locking this thread and redirecting people to this one:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=171290

That way blue players will only have 1 thread to complain about, and it will be posted by a green name.
Closed Thread