Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

I think you should disallow puppet strings kills, but that just me.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Now I almost want to buy puppet strings.

Asher
Old 08-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you should disallow puppet strings kills, but that just me.
You're one of those people who play Halo and complain about people using all the power weapons. If something is part of the game, use it.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're one of those people who play Halo and complain about people using all the power weapons. If something is part of the game, use it.
Its not a shaman killing those mobs. I'm sorry.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. Gratz on the kill guys. Very nice.

Asher
Old 08-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Well this is why I had the S- category because I do think using the strong clickies takes away from things a bit. I don't remember all of this item recharging in classic EQ; I played a mage and I don't think I ever had a WC cap for example. I certainly didn't carry around 10 woolly spider nets.

You can also criticize the shaman but the strings are almost as good for enchanters because anything over L55 can't be stunned or mezzed without rapture so instant recharm is exceedingly valuable. My guess is that everything on the GM list is doable for enchanters without puppet strings just by getting lucky with charm durations, and I'll have to give the cliff golem a shot some time without them (i got him without any string charges since charm didn't break), but realistically hasted pets + uber mobs blow through my HP so fast that without being able to stun/ae mez any breaks are going to be really painful.

I think ultimately the God tier mobs are just so hard (if I had to guess, I would say that Verant intended the area around Trak's lair to be a miniraid of 2-3 groups. I remember organizing Fire Giant raids in classic and I usually wanted at least 2 full groups) that any kills are going to have to rely on this semi-exploit type stuff.

Edit: I updated the order so that Neh'Ashiir is now the easiest God-tier mob.
Last edited by Splorf22; 08-23-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not a shaman killing those mobs. I'm sorry.
You're right, I'm an oracle.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

We should update the rules such that you must be completely naked and use nothing but fists to kill mobs.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
We should update the rules such that you must be completely naked and use nothing but fists to kill mobs.
Hrm.. I wonder if I could still manage a mob or two off the easiest list on flippie naked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Eh I don't know how far you can push this arguement Orruar. Faz in no way suggested anything other than Puppet Strings be disallowed.

I think that's a good call. using puppet strings has absolutely nothing to do with using your class to drop these mobs. for all intents and purposes with enough puppet strings a trio could likely drop most non DTing mobs if there's enough trash around to charm.
Last edited by azeth; 08-23-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Closed Thread