Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Naturally... however, one time someone told me to avoid sitting near east not to aggro him, unless of course you're a badass and charm him. Then i see the comment here, i was just wondering when people start to charm him. Also, is he really a good pet or just an easy to find because he paths so close to entrance and there are better things to charm?
Old 09-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naturally... however, one time someone told me to avoid sitting near east not to aggro him, unless of course you're a badass and charm him. Then i see the comment here, i was just wondering when people start to charm him. Also, is he really a good pet or just an easy to find because he paths so close to entrance and there are better things to charm?
As far as I know he’s a generic East mob. He’s just nasty because he’s a random level 52-53 mob surrounded by level 44-46ish mobs (they go green around 57-58, but give XP to 60). The rest of entrance it’s actually very safe to sit in many places if you keep good timers and watch the center spawns. Probably some of the easiest XP for an enchanter level 51+ - but the East pather will absolutely wreck for a while, and you don’t have access to the charm spell I like to use when I’m dealing with summoning mobs (Boltran’s) nor the mana pool to really use it effectively until 58ish.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:31 AM
Banned

This might be super obvious, but remember to bind up on the cliff in OT above the entrance to HS. Don't push the limits, take your time, and if shit is going South just play it safe and gate.

When in doubt, gate out!
Old 09-24-2018, 03:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When in doubt, gate out!
This this this. Corpse recovery in HS is so much more annoying than just breaking in again and getting a new pet.

(This is also a strong argument against using any kind of pet gear when you're getting started, and honestly even later on as well - using pet gear means you're invested in that particular pet, which means you're a lot more likely to make bad decisions in the name of trying to save your investment.)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeriele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This this this. Corpse recovery in HS is so much more annoying than just breaking in again and getting a new pet.

(This is also a strong argument against using any kind of pet gear when you're getting started, and honestly even later on as well - using pet gear means you're invested in that particular pet, which means you're a lot more likely to make bad decisions in the name of trying to save your investment.)
Follow up on this: be a good guy and don’t steal someone else’s pet kit if they die. They’re not thay expensive but are a pain in the ass to assemble. If they’re around, just return it. If not, save what you can for a day or two to help them rebuild.

I didn’t use anything but a torch to get all the way to 60.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what level should one consider charming this(Hexbone, i believe)? closer to 58+?
I wouldn't use a level 51+ pet to xp ever.

East trash mobs range from like 50-55 iirc, but they're usually 51-53. What the east pather is varies, level and mob type, potentially even a necromancer.

At 60 with tash, 50-51 charm easy, 52-53 generally aren't bad but when they break they do tend to mess you up a lot more than the <52 plus they have a decent chance to resist a stun or mez when you're trying to get thing sunder control again which is the real danger. 54+ (or is it 55? God, I haven't played in ages) stuff can't be charmed without dictate.

A cr in hs might not be a walk in the park, but I'd prefer tk do one there than in Seb or whatever. Double invis is great, easy to find just inside entrance for a clarity (cleric duo with enchanter and you can double invis each other with sunskin!) and protects you from all trash aggro in East, and all except some slimes/nameds in the rest of the dungeon. You can drag bodies out of wings from the tunnels sometimes. You can save keys on corpses inside the zone when you do die for future use. Etc.

When you're set up to solo/duo in a wing eventually, you can cultivate the mobs spawned between the wing entrance and your camp to all be undead (or live that don't see invisible, I guess) and not pull them any more, so that you can easily walk back into your corpse if you die.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-24-2018 at 05:32 PM..
Old 09-25-2018, 04:46 AM
Kobold

To continue the HS discussion, what would be the best way to farm cash while exping in here? I know the usual answer is “get to 60 and then farm cash” but for me it’s much more fun to kill stuff when I know I might get an item to drop or some decent vendor trash in the process.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To continue the HS discussion, what would be the best way to farm cash while exping in here? I know the usual answer is “get to 60 and then farm cash” but for me it’s much more fun to kill stuff when I know I might get an item to drop or some decent vendor trash in the process.
I'd honestly say North is where I'd go if my goal was to exp and have a chance at a bit of loot. The Sepulcher Spectre can drop the Adamantite Club which is easily the most valuable drop in North - think it's probably still a 3k item(?). While grinding through 54-57 I think I got like 3 or 4 clubs on my shaman, soloing. Each of the named in North (with the possible exception of Crypt Keeper but I'm not sure) can also (rarely) drop 55-58 spells. I've only ever gotten one to drop though (Talisman of the Snake, booo), but you could potentially get a Bedlam or whatever.

Other than that I don't think HS is really THAT great of a money spot if your main goal is to level. I guess get a group in South and you can get good drops but if your plan is to solo I wouldn't risk messing about in South until probably 58+ (Tecmos could weigh in better here) and if you haven't corpsed keys (something I can never be arsed to do) then a CR in South is much more of a pain in the ass than a CR in North.

Edit: I guess CR'ing doesn't have to be made into that dramatic a thing. If you can get a rogue to pick lock it or whatever. But I like being self-reliant and when I'm really exp'ing in North I will have my 60 necro camped out and if I die I can just log him on and solo a sperm for a key and run in and drag.
Last edited by commongood; 09-25-2018 at 05:31 AM..
Old 09-25-2018, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, north has a handful of stuff off the nameds that will sell for a few hundred plat, plus the adamantite club. 51-54 spells drop like candy, but aren't too valuable. West drops are basically the same as north except for the last boss who has a couple items worth a few k, but they aren't his common items.

South is where you can start to make real money. It's not like it used to be, but there are a several drops worth like 300-500pp, the fingerbone hoop and steel-hilted flint dagger (rare but big drops), and 55+ spells sometimes.

East is like... probably about the same overall farm loot quality as south, except that it's harder because you'll usually have to use a 51+ pet and the nameds are tougher (one is even 56, and therefore immune to stun and mez... and is a shadowknight to boot so he likes to dot the shit out of your pet, which can make charm breaks extra challenging).

You don't need help getting through doors in HS. There's keeping keys on corpses (and being OCD about not letting them rot or logging with one on you). There's the stalking probe trick. There's getting summoned to the other side of a locked door. For CRs, keep cheap charisma gear and stalking probes and peridots and foot+water and stuff like that in your bank. If you absolutely need to do it solo, you can get that stuff from the outpost bank to do a CR yourself.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-25-2018 at 06:28 AM..
Old 09-25-2018, 08:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, north has a handful of stuff off the nameds that will sell for a few hundred plat, plus the adamantite club. 51-54 spells drop like candy, but aren't too valuable. West drops are basically the same as north except for the last boss who has a couple items worth a few k, but they aren't his common items.

South is where you can start to make real money. It's not like it used to be, but there are a several drops worth like 300-500pp, the fingerbone hoop and steel-hilted flint dagger (rare but big drops), and 55+ spells sometimes.

East is like... probably about the same overall farm loot quality as south, except that it's harder because you'll usually have to use a 51+ pet and the nameds are tougher (one is even 56, and therefore immune to stun and mez... and is a shadowknight to boot so he likes to dot the shit out of your pet, which can make charm breaks extra challenging).

You don't need help getting through doors in HS. There's keeping keys on corpses (and being OCD about not letting them rot or logging with one on you). There's the stalking probe trick. There's getting summoned to the other side of a locked door. For CRs, keep cheap charisma gear and stalking probes and peridots and foot+water and stuff like that in your bank. If you absolutely need to do it solo, you can get that stuff from the outpost bank to do a CR yourself.
new videos when?!