Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Modifying EQUI_BuffWindow.xml for left-side placement

Hi guys and gals,

I'm trying to modify the Duxa UI buff bar so that instead of sitting flush on the right side of the screen, I can move it to the left.

I can figure out how to move the number label elements, but the buff buttons don't have a position element that I can find. Can someone point me in the right direction?

If what I'm after isn't clear, instead of this:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want this:
Last edited by dekova; 06-03-2019 at 02:17 PM..
Old 06-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

I've got everything done except for moving the buttons. I think I may need to modify the BuffIcons element in EQUI_Animations.xml but I can't quite figure it out. Any help?

Here's where I'm at.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Okay, found an old post on eqinterface.com that talks about the location elements of the buff button being ignored.

Incase the original goes away, here's the relevant text:
"Another limitation with the buff window: EQ determines how many buffs can be shown based on the size of the first buff icon and the size of the window. This is because the default buff window can be resized and the number of visible buffs is dynamic. This is also why the location values do nothing; the buff window automatically sorts buff locations for resizing purposes.

You can get around the location hard-codedness by using autostretch to forcibly place the buffs in the window where you want them. You're still at the mercy for the number of visible buffs based on the size of the first buff versus the size of the buff window though."

Still hoping for some help from someone more experienced than I.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe you should PM the person who made the UI...
Old 06-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you should PM the person who made the UI...
Based on what I've uncovered, I'm confident that I now understand what's going on with the buff windos - icons get placed automatically. I can force the icons to the left side by adjusting the size, this leaves the background stretched across under the buff name.

Works well for me because I now have buffs with a blue background and debuffs with a red background. Makes it easier to discern what's going on.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

dekova, I will PM all this to you as well, but for posterity I am going to ask my question here: I also use Duxa and really like almost everything about it. The one down side is that it appears to have been designed for a person who has incredible vision. The buff window is so tiny! I really would like to use the buff window from Velious UI, or even default buff window. I prefer large buff window icons, not the tiny text Duxa offers.
I have already attempted copy-pasting the XML file from Velious to Duxa with no success. When I log in and attempt to load the modified version of Duxa with the Velious buff window, it resets my entire UI to default.
Do you know if it's possible to leave the Duxa UI whole, and just change the buff window, and if so, how would one do that?
Old 08-14-2019, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know if it's possible to leave the Duxa UI whole, and just change the buff window, and if so, how would one do that?
So you can just change the buff window(it's the EQUI_BuffWindow.xml file), but I haven't found it an intuitive process.

I modified mine to sit on the left side of the screen. Buttons on the left with text on the right. Buffs get a blue background, debuffs get a red background.
To address your question I played with the font size a bit. First buff is using font size 3, second is using size 5 and third is using the default, size 1.

Looks like you can get to font size 3 without having to increase the size on everything, any larger and you'll have to start playing with the height of a bunch of objects.

You can grab the modified buff window xml here:
https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/057JJeFJ/file.html

To adjust font sizes, look for the buff label elements, starting with BW_Buff0_Label (I think there are 25 total, though we only use the first 15).
They will have a font attribute which you can set from 1-8.
The first two have already been adjusted to 3 and 5 respectively.
Last edited by dekova; 08-14-2019 at 01:15 PM..
Old 08-17-2019, 07:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you can just change the buff window(it's the EQUI_BuffWindow.xml file), but I haven't found it an intuitive process.

I modified mine to sit on the left side of the screen. Buttons on the left with text on the right. Buffs get a blue background, debuffs get a red background.
To address your question I played with the font size a bit. First buff is using font size 3, second is using size 5 and third is using the default, size 1.

Looks like you can get to font size 3 without having to increase the size on everything, any larger and you'll have to start playing with the height of a bunch of objects.

To adjust font sizes, look for the buff label elements, starting with BW_Buff0_Label (I think there are 25 total, though we only use the first 15).
Praise it.
I edited the file you uploaded to make them all size 3, which is way more friendly on my eyes and I like the background color you used.
Thanks dekova![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2019, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Praise it.
I edited the file you uploaded to make them all size 3, which is way more friendly on my eyes and I like the background color you used.
Thanks dekova![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad you found it useful! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2023, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hello, any way you can reupload this file. looks like zippyshare no longre works . thanks