Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-22-2019, 06:00 AM
Orc

Ah yeah, thinking about it again and it's obvious that you're correct. The range that the game displays damage messages is super low for some reason. I had to be practically in melee range today trying to see how much damage my pet was doing. So, I guess there really isn't any way to have an accurate parser for this in EQ, unless you're a melee class that's always right next to the mobs.... And even then, you don't see damage for spells you didn't cast, right? Bleh. Guess my pipe dream is dead already.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:30 AM
Orc

Hey, following up on a different issue -- I was going to start working on a different feature, and figured I should probably base off the `dev` branch, since it looks like it is newer and contains some more modern stuff (like more valid pep8, and a requirements.txt) but it seems to be missing some stuff?

There are references to "widgets" which don't seem to exist, and no obvious standard package provides that. I am assuming during your refactoring you made a widgets directory and forgot to add it to the commit, so that code is only available locally for you?

I see it referenced here (and a few other places): https://github.com/nomns/nparse/blob...s/window.py#L6
Old 11-23-2019, 01:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfest2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, following up on a different issue -- I was going to start working on a different feature, and figured I should probably base off the `dev` branch, since it looks like it is newer and contains some more modern stuff (like more valid pep8, and a requirements.txt) but it seems to be missing some stuff?

There are references to "widgets" which don't seem to exist, and no obvious standard package provides that. I am assuming during your refactoring you made a widgets directory and forgot to add it to the commit, so that code is only available locally for you?

I see it referenced here (and a few other places): https://github.com/nomns/nparse/blob...s/window.py#L6
I will take a look. I haven't had any time to work on nParse. I am positive I have local changes that haven't been synced since I was in the middle of working on features the last time I was able to work on it.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:04 PM
Orc

Cool, thanks! I've based my changes on master for now but should be easy to rebase them later.

One more question: what is your build process for releases? I'm *guessing* you are using PyInstaller, and I've been playing around with it, but I'm new to it and can't get it to work exactly the way I want. What is the exact command you use to generate a release?
Old 11-23-2019, 02:22 PM
Aviak

I use PyInstaller and use the spec file within the main directory -- "nparse_py.spec". So, I just run ".\pyinstaller nparse_py.spec". It's been so long since I've built it. I may use the --onefile flag or something to ensure the output is a single exe file. Then, everything that isn't imported into the executable needs to be copied into the dist directory where the executable is created. I believe I copy generic settings and most of the data directory.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will take a look. I haven't had any time to work on nParse. I am positive I have local changes that haven't been synced since I was in the middle of working on features the last time I was able to work on it.
I've updated the dev branch -- widgets directory was missing as you surmised. It should be usable, but I can't ensure there are no bugs in it. There are major changes in the dev branch that are not complete, so there are some wonky things like a blank trigger window.
Last edited by Mirox; 11-23-2019 at 02:44 PM..
Old 11-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My bad, I had to do a quick update to v0.2.1. Go here for newest release.

https://github.com/nomns/nparse/releases
my Windows Defender freaked out over this... "Severe Trojan"
Old 11-24-2019, 08:39 AM
Orc

Quote:
I've updated the dev branch -- widgets directory was missing as you surmised. It should be usable, but I can't ensure there are no bugs in it. There are major changes in the dev branch that are not complete, so there are some wonky things like a blank trigger window.
Thanks! I'll continue polishing stuff on the master branch then, and port over to the dev branch once I'm done so I know any new bugs aren't something I've introduced. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2019, 09:24 AM
Orc

Quote:
I use PyInstaller and use the spec file within the main directory -- "nparse_py.spec". So, I just run ".\pyinstaller nparse_py.spec". It's been so long since I've built it. I may use the --onefile flag or something to ensure the output is a single exe file. Then, everything that isn't imported into the executable needs to be copied into the dist directory where the executable is created. I believe I copy generic settings and most of the data directory.
Ah yes, that specfile works great. I had never used PyInstall before, so I wasn't sure why it kept generating me a new specfile instead of using the existing one -- didn't realize I had to specify the specfile name in the build command instead of the python file. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2019, 12:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my Windows Defender freaked out over this... "Severe Trojan"
False positive. Some anti-virus do not like PyInstaller which is a program that creates the executable to run the python code.

Here is a report from VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...d3c3/detection. You can see that the detections that do happen are all identifying different alerts, but most anti-virus see nothing wrong.

I would be more inclined to trust CrowdStrike for actual detection.
Last edited by Mirox; 11-24-2019 at 12:43 PM..