Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Kobold

That’s a great idea! Can save some of the jumping in and out of the water that way.

I tried it this morning. I could not get a slow to stick to save my life! I’m 56 and impatient =P. Probably need a couple more levels to be able to do it. Charming the lvl 50 mobs was no problem but yeah even hasted it got completely smoked by the lvl 57 unslowed other mob. Got it to about 50%.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:48 AM
Sarnak

I noticed in a recent YT video a chanter being on the safe spot and still got summoned and instadead when charm broke. What is the key to not get summoned when standing on that ledge?
Old 08-24-2019, 11:31 AM
Kobold

Rektyou channel just did a video on getting this.

https://youtu.be/8dKwONgrCmw

If you want to see how someone does the camp
Old 08-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifo76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed in a recent YT video a chanter being on the safe spot and still got summoned and instadead when charm broke. What is the key to not get summoned when standing on that ledge?
Get lucky. I have some suspicions for why but they aren’t anything you could operationalize.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s a great idea! Can save some of the jumping in and out of the water that way.

I tried it this morning. I could not get a slow to stick to save my life! I’m 56 and impatient =P. Probably need a couple more levels to be able to do it. Charming the lvl 50 mobs was no problem but yeah even hasted it got completely smoked by the lvl 57 unslowed other mob. Got it to about 50%.

Hit 58 today and went back and got my shawl. Got lucky and got it before I became KOS too. I'll probably end up wrecking my faction at some point but I'll save it for now.

It was pretty smooth at 58. Slows stuck on mistresses after just a few casts and charm was holding well for me on a maiden. Maiden + torch + WR would rip through the mistresses pretty fast really. Charm didn't need to last too long to get the kill.

I'm not sure about getting summoned while out of water. It never happened to me.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hit 58 today and went back and got my shawl. Got lucky and got it before I became KOS too. I'll probably end up wrecking my faction at some point but I'll save it for now.

It was pretty smooth at 58. Slows stuck on mistresses after just a few casts and charm was holding well for me on a maiden. Maiden + torch + WR would rip through the mistresses pretty fast really. Charm didn't need to last too long to get the kill.

I'm not sure about getting summoned while out of water. It never happened to me.
Good news! congrats dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 08-26-2019, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rektyou channel just did a video on getting this.

https://youtu.be/8dKwONgrCmw

If you want to see how someone does the camp
At 24:32 he's standing on land and gets summoned on charm break. Could it be because the mobs were directly underneath him, the same way we can pull corpses if they are close enough on the x-axis, no matter the y-axis distance?
Old 08-26-2019, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good news! congrats dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifo76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 24:32 he's standing on land and gets summoned on charm break. Could it be because the mobs were directly underneath him, the same way we can pull corpses if they are close enough on the x-axis, no matter the y-axis distance?

It doesn't look like he was summoned. There is no "You will not evade me" text there. Also the fight was maiden vs maiden and it was a mistress that killed him. This is just pretty strange. I don't know what happened here.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Yeah and looking at it again, I think the charm break was just result of him dying. Looks like a mistress was assisting the maiden and somehow hit him from afar.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Kobold

[
Quote:
QUOTE=Kawhi;2952384]Yeah and looking at it again, I think the charm break was just result of him dying. Looks like a mistress was assisting the maiden and somehow hit him from afar.[/QUOTE]

Even he is confused about it. Look at where he died. He died on the ledge. Not in the water. Same with a few other corpses there. I think that spot might just be a little glitchy. If he(they)were summoned and killed, wouldnt their corpses be in the water?
Closed Thread