Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

believe Beldan's point is that with so many unclassic features of this pure classic feature set, why not increase players enjoyment with warders to raid / loot
Old 07-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

I've never seen a thought-out, legitimate reason why they shouldn't revive the Sleeper. The most sensible reason I've heard was the programming work it might take, though I don't understand what goes into that to agree or disagree.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Support for keeping the Sleeper gone was always going to wane over time.

Right after it woke no one (well, almost no one) wanted it to respawn. Doing that would have reduced the "epic-ness" of the event. But as time passed and the people involved left the server.
... and even the people who just heard about it left ... naturally fewer and fewer people cared about "the epic-ness".

If you did a poll today I don't know what the results would be, but I know the idea would have more support. And if you did a poll in say ten years, when almost no one will even remember the original waking, I can all but guarantee support would be at 90+%.

Of course, Rogean and Nilbog do what they want, but it's not like they were strongly committed to a one-time Sleeper. During Velious beta they actually did a poll asking what the player base thought should happen. It seems to me they're open to the community's opinion, and likely sometime before ten years from now the tide will shift enough that they return the Sleeper.

So, if you look at a timeline you've got the original waking a few years ago, and you have ten years from now when Sleeper will very likely be back. And what's in between those two points, after Green? Custom content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it would be cool if a quest line was put in and not announced and if somehow someone happens to discover / solve it, the sleeper would be revived.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:07 PM
Orc

Shroud of Longevity Rotted on TAKP on Tuesday night. I shed a tear for all my old P99 friends.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairmuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shroud of Longevity Rotted on TAKP on Tuesday night. I shed a tear for all my old P99 friends.
Christ, don't feel sorry for us. On P99 get the best EQ ever had to offer before Luclin crapped on the game. Though I will admit PoP was great fun!
Old 07-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

I would be down for the sleeper to come back. I believe a reset every few years would keep server fresh.

Green for full TP but for keeping things interesting that would be cool.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Kobold

The big difference between P99 and actual live servers is that Velious didn't last for 4 years with no end in sight on live servers. Having some of the most valuable raid targets on the box be perma-dead is kind of dumb.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never seen a thought-out, legitimate reason why they shouldn't revive the Sleeper. The most sensible reason I've heard was the programming work it might take, though I don't understand what goes into that to agree or disagree.
You can try to kill the sleeper every 3 years before your characters are transferred to blue from green, purple, x99, y99, etc99 etc etc on and on for eternity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Orc

Who wants to be the brave one to explain why the sleeper was awakened on this server in the first place? Maybe Dannyl? He was in that guild after all. Did it feel like the right thing to do? You denied your enemies (Aftermath) pixels, right? Was that all it was about?
Old 07-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Make all the original warders/mobs pop with original loot table and drop percentages, on earthquakes and ONLY on earthquakes. Don't reset the sleeper itself and its awakening script.
Closed Thread